• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The iCade review: your iPad as an arcade machine

403 Forbidden

By Ben Kuchera
    The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Nice review, having recently purchased an iPad I have seen this piece of kit floating around, definitely looks like a well thought out, although the $100 entry price seems a bit too steep for my liking.

Comment

I have just got one of these.
      These are really cool. I am having so much fun again.
      The best part is that i get my Ipad stick it in my Icade 3 seconds later I am playing my game.
      What is also cool is that on the ipad it has multitasking so you can continue the same game later without saving a game that ipad does not support

Comment

Love the idea, but unless you intend the jailbreak your ipad then there is nowhere near enough software support yet to justify it's price.

Comment

I believe I remember reading some member getting one from Santa.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pinny Parlour View Post
            I believe I remember reading some member getting one from Santa.

I was that lucky boy With the release of Mame4all (for IPad etc) certainly made it worthwhile but I believe it has been pulled from the App store. Lucky Kane posted about it
            here on AA so was able to download it in time
            sigpic

Comment

Santa was nice enough to get me one of these for xmas aswell , works great with the XOOM and mame4all.

Comment

Bed and Bath in the US have them for sale for $50 or $40 with there 20% discount voucher promotion. Cheap enough to get priceusa to buy one and ship it to you. It would still work out cheaper than local prices.

Access Denied

P.S One of the oddities of US chains , how does a Bed and Bath super store end up selling iCades ?
                My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/vcoleiro1/videos?view=0

Comment

Ion expands iOS gaming with iCade Jr and iCade Mobile for iPhone, iPod Touch

403 Forbidden

Comment

I like the look of the Jr but not the shoulder buttons.
                    Bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

I should have mass produced my version which I build ages ago

My Completed RetroCade imame4all Micro sized cab - Aussie Arcade
                      My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/vcoleiro1/videos?view=0

Comment

Looks like there is an icade Core now too.

Discontinued ION Products

Comment

Awesome, horizontal support! Doesn't have the same visual appeal as the iCade original though.

Whats with the video though? She can't handle a joystick and who presses the fire button repeatedly playing pacman? lol
                          My Projects
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone actually have one of these & have any thoughts on it? I'm actually thinking of picking it up, would make a pretty cool alternative to a standard desk stand.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X