Collapse

For general stuff about Arcade.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcade 1Up Cabinets

A company in the states has the official license to a lot of games and is building some pretty cool looking 4ft cabinets for sale at retail. Would be insanely easy to mod and put whatever you want in there so could be a quick mod for people who don't have the time to build from scratch. I absolutely love the look of them but build quality and components could also be complete trash so time will tell I guess. They are coming to Europe so I wonder if they ever make it here.

https://arcade1up.com

Scale:

Final Fight Cab:

Theres rumours eb games may stock them
    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/to...-Toys--Gadgets

Zing got 2 atm comming

Comment

I really can't believe they got official license for all that artwork and more specifically the games from the likes of Atari and Capcom. Especially Capcom.. they love their IP as much as Nintendo. If they did, it must have cost them a small fortune.. and they will need to sell a shitload to recoup their costs...

Comment

Eb got them pre order as well

Idea of flat pack and ribbon cables atm seems bit unhackable but time will tell

Comment

300USD or 698AU

[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

I reckon they look awesome and like the idea of them being very light to move around.
              I really like the Street Fighter II one.
              That being said, I won't be adding a third machine to the home

I wonder if they'll do a Galaga in future

Comment

Yeah they are doing Galaga and a few others, there is a long thread about them at BYOAC and surprisingly it's mostly positive.
                Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

I really like the Final Fight one, but that has been delayed in America till Spring 2019.

Comment

$299 us = $699 Australian I am told, EB games have sold a bunch already
                    ALDI will have them as a Special Streetfighter and Rampage units i am sure a lot less than $699 n November the ordered 8000 of them
                    Australian Distributors for Planetary Pinball, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball.
                    Your one Stop Shop For New Pinball & Arcade Games.

Comment

the style is pretty cool, Not sure about the size though, Bit like those half sized Juke boxes.

Their marketing has been very impressive. as they seem tobe getting them into allot of major retailers around the world.
                      The plinth add-on is genius, for the reason they sell you a Machine that is small and looks compact and knowing its a pain to use, then sell you the solution as an extra option to be able to use it like a full size one.
                      So people buy it because its not a full size machine then pay more to convert it to a full size machine,
                      But the smartest part of all is the way they have done the wiring, the LCD, Computer, and control side as simple as it is to install, and completely removed any complexity for the regular person, but also keeps its manufacturing costs down a tonne, They have completely over come the problem Most flat pack Arcade games have had when it came to the wiring side which was likely overwhelming for non hobbyists. It looks easier than an Ikea Table to put together.

I wouldnt own one due to its size, But there is no denying, This company is clever
                      Last edited by jason1; 9 August 2018, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Are you suppose to play them seated?
                        Or kneeling down, I can't imagine the height they are at you would be able to stand and play?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Savage View Post
                          Or kneeling down, I can't imagine the height they are at you would be able to stand and play?

I saw somewhere a stool was optional buy

Comment

Originally posted by Savage View Post

Sit down by the looks, doesn't look very comfortable where your legs go, So they sell an optional Plinth base to get it upto standing height. Which really defeats the purpose of it being small size to begin with but still smart as its almost a needed Option so they created a problem and then sells you the solution. Brilliant.
                            But maybe they should sell Optional Knee pads as well lol,

Comment

They look pretty interesting, heres hoping for some driving based standups or perhaps sitdowns in the near future

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X