Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade 1Up Cabinets

A company in the states has the official license to a lot of games and is building some pretty cool looking 4ft cabinets for sale at retail. Would be insanely easy to mod and put whatever you want in there so could be a quick mod for people who don't have the time to build from scratch. I absolutely love the look of them but build quality and components could also be complete trash so time will tell I guess. They are coming to Europe so I wonder if they ever make it here.

https://arcade1up.com

Scale:

b41041_82a4b471bd504cada0daaae6cc68a0a1~mv2.png

Final Fight Cab:

2d8ffb_18f8c54f24114caf804a9367099ad8b3~mv2.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really can't believe they got official license for all that artwork and more specifically the games from the likes of Atari and Capcom. Especially Capcom.. they love their IP as much as Nintendo. If they did, it must have cost them a small fortune.. and they will need to sell a shitload to recoup their costs...

I reckon they look awesome and like the idea of them being very light to move around.

I really like the Street Fighter II one.

That being said, I won't be adding a third machine to the home :D

I wonder if they'll do a Galaga in future

the style is pretty cool, Not sure about the size though, Bit like those half sized Juke boxes.

Their marketing has been very impressive. as they seem tobe getting them into allot of major retailers around the world.

The plinth add-on is genius, for the reason they sell you a Machine that is small and looks compact and knowing its a pain to use, then sell you the solution as an extra option to be able to use it like a full size one.

So people buy it because its not a full size machine then pay more to convert it to a full size machine,

But the smartest part of all is the way they have done the wiring, the LCD, Computer, and control side as simple as it is to install, and completely removed any complexity for the regular person, but also keeps its manufacturing costs down a tonne, They have completely over come the problem Most flat pack Arcade games have had when it came to the wiring side which was likely overwhelming for non hobbyists. It looks easier than an Ikea Table to put together.

I wouldnt own one due to its size, But there is no denying, This company is clever

Edited by jason1

Are you suppose to play them seated?

Or kneeling down, I can't imagine the height they are at you would be able to stand and play?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I saw somewhere a stool was optional buy

Are you suppose to play them seated?

Or kneeling down, I can't imagine the height they are at you would be able to stand and play?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sit down by the looks, doesn't look very comfortable where your legs go, So they sell an optional Plinth base to get it upto standing height. Which really defeats the purpose of it being small size to begin with but still smart as its almost a needed Option so they created a problem and then sells you the solution. Brilliant.

But maybe they should sell Optional Knee pads as well lol,

I think they will be an impulse buy for a lot of people especially around Xmas

Then I think you will see them on Gumtree a month or 2 later

For $700 you could easily build or find a full size muiltigame lowboy etc instead

A good thing is it might spark more interest in the arcade scene and get people to look at other arcade machines that are out there

These are shit... come on these are like those multi tables and those multi uprights

May as well have a Pandora’s box in them

I agree. Just more junk for landfill. IMO nothing beats a full size16mm/19mm plywood cab that you can comfortably play with a mate.

I have a few uprights and love this idea for new retro gamers to have, that is the whole point right?

Would love to see a spinner model with all the ARKANOID/ Breakout games, or even the 2 joystick games like Crazy Climber, Smash TV, Battlezone and the like.

Love everything about them. Especially as it is the right height for the younger crew to have a crack

TWO THUMBS UP for me

p.s. I thought arcade gamers played nice. Starting to sound like pinball forums :lol

thought id post this here https://www.goeasyonline.com.au/index.php?route=product/search&search=arcade&description=true

pre-ordered the mk2 machine. Phoned the store and these are not made by arcade1up but arcade one. And it not the same arcade-one that sells mame systems as i msg arcade-one and he said he doesnt do them. The only thing i can come up with is maybe it the asia/oceania arm of arcade1up.

Guess ill find out in 2 1/2 weeks what these are.

Edited by mrd