Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Collapse

For general stuff about Arcade.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was out tinkering in the garage last night and it was a little chilly. So I decided to turn on my candy cab heaters

Comment

• Hi you lot,

Hope it was ok to post this here with little update on the NNC rather than do a new thread in the restoration forum.

Did a little project that's been bugging me about the NNC....paint the monitor frame 😀.

Quick job mask it up (stickers, mounting points, and one small point on the underside for a grounding wire)

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	7 Size:	320.6 KB ID:	2216363 Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	7 Size:	324.4 KB ID:	2216362

Lightly sanded entire frame and wax grease remove, wash down/dry and prime wash down/dry. Then 5-6 coats of the ole Dymark gloss white.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	7 Size:	327.3 KB ID:	2216361 Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	7 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	2216359 Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	6 Size:	33.7 KB ID:	2216358

Not even sure if these frames on the NNC need to be grounded, but I put a point in there anyway just incase (there is bare metal under that nut) . The other end of this ground wire will go straight near the common ground point near the I/O of the cabinet.

Hope everyone's well.

-Tom

Comment

• Some people have a beer and watch TV, some sit by the fire, some watch attract modes :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	D11DFE2D-A68F-493A-8CAF-E3197537B5EE.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	2217927

Comment

• Just need a CRT cab to get the authentic vibe. But thank goodness for emulation and console ports.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1.21 Gigawatts View Post
            Just need a CRT cab to get the authentic vibe. But thank goodness for emulation and console ports.
            More CRT = More goodness.

However, as both of those cabs are meant to be LCD, this is acceptable

Comment

• Originally posted by namastepat View Post

More CRT = More goodness.

However, as both of those cabs are meant to be LCD, this is acceptable
              Thanks ;-). They come into their own on LCD titles. I missed out on a Chewlix like yours on GT yesterday for $1k. Dwelled on it too long but would have set it up as a tate for shooters.

Click image for larger version

Name:	809B0C09-66B1-4CF5-81F3-3C0A3B3E8818.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	2217954

Comment

• That lindberg is looking great. Fantastic restore job

Comment

• Originally posted by redferatu View Post
                  That lindberg is looking great. Fantastic restore job
                  Thanks mate, very happy with it.

Comment

• Been a bit of a dry spell lately with the cabinets (waiting on set of 5380 locks for the NAC and some fresh Sanwa buttons and sticks for both the NAC & NNC). Until...…

Care package from none other than the man himself mR_CaESaR ! Two conversions here SSF2X & AvP (new sticker soon) a nice A board, an auxiliary harness for the Jammafier, and some goodies for future net-dimm.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.3 KB ID:	2219263 Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	2219264 Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.7 KB ID:	2219266 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	2219275

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.3 KB ID:	2219268 Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	2219269 Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	2219270

Pics of AvP when I get around to it. I have now had the attract/bootup theme of SSF2X in my head for 3 days 😀 . Hope everyone's well.

-Tom

Comment

• Odd request, but does anyone have a spare set of screws and wingnut for the Astro bracket?

Yaton sent me the bracket but forgot all the screws

Comment

• Likely to be a dumb question or met with silence, but is anyone aware of any New Net City’s currently for sale? (Or if someone is willing to part with theirs )

Cheers

Comment

• Zax recently sold a pair to a mate of mine for a very fair price given what they were originally asking. While they're not on the site anymore, if you're really keen I suppose you could give him a try haha.

Also do you mean the screws that secure the bracket into fibreglass body of the astro? I think they're the same ones used in the control panel hinge, at least they screwed in just as easily for this Astro 2 I'm slowly restoring ':^) I'll do a count on any spares I have kicking about incase you can't find anything more local.

Comment

• Sure, doesn’t hurt to ask! Haha

Screw wise it’s the 3 screws on the bottom of the bracket, 1 on the top, and the wing nut screw, but I can likely source similar ones from eBay/Bunnings so not the end of the world in that regards.

Comment

• Hey guys

I've been offered multiple SNK Candy 26 cabs at ~$1500 USD each in Japan - this does not include shipping to be clear. I will be buying one. If you're interested please let me know.

These are 26 inch cabs with rotation mechs.

I think this will all have to happen pretty quickly if you are interested.

Cheers

Comment

• What is the appeal of the SNK candy 26? (Genuine question, happy to learn more!)

I’m open to get more candy so sales pitch away!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X