Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Collapse

For general stuff about Arcade.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Shmups Saturday! Credit feed a few of these games.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_CaESaR View Post
      It's Shmups Saturday! Credit feed a few of these games.
      Good to see mate. Must sound awesome in there.

Comment

• Damn, these all look so nice! I want a candy cab so bad!

Comment

• Finally got around to fix and clean up the Windy 2 candy cabinet and also have to install a 29ā€ crt to another Japanese candy cabinet which Iā€™m refurbishing atm.šŸ˜‚
          Attached Files

Comment

• Was out in the garage tinkering today. I have an Atomiswave cab that has one of the Wei-Ya 3129a auto sync tri-res chassis. Despite being a Wei-Ya, they are actually a great chassis and give a spectacular 31khz image.

It currently runs an Atomiswave board with a Metal Slug 6 bootleg cart and I have been meaning to put a 31khz emulator machine in there for ages. Today I decided to hook up a 15khz build I had lying around just to see what the 15khz image was like.

I hooked it up via a jpac and it gave a great image, although it had this annoying shimmer. Hard to explain, but I have a hunch it was due to the signal being over amplified. Tried both the monitor switch settings for amplification and it was the same in both.

So, I decided to bypass the jpac video entirely and hook the machine up direct via the VGA port. I'd never done this before and it's super handy to have a VGA port in the cab. The picture turned out damn good, with no shimmer. A small bit of edge compression on the right hand side and an ever so slight bend I can't coax out with the pincushion, but I am super happy with how it looks in 15khz.

This chassis has more adjustments than I have ever seen on a pre-digital chassis. Not only does it have all the standard pots, if also has a rotate pot, which rotates the entire image without having to touch the yoke. Then there is a trapezoid pot, which changes the trapezoid shape of the picture, which is amazing to dial in corners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210404_150202_466.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	2201456

Comment

• Spent last night out in the garage drinking beer and playing some SHMUPS.

When you can't go to Japan, bring Japan home with you

Attached Files

Comment

• Looking good Pat! Didn't realise you had a lindbergh! They're pretty rare on our side of the world, but they look great.

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_CaESaR View Post
                  Looking good Pat! Didn't realise you had a lindbergh! They're pretty rare on our side of the world, but they look great.
                  Yeah, it's in great shape as well. Unfortunately, when I bought it, it was missing the front service panel. I had a mate make up a replacement, but it would be nice to track down an original one day.

The marquee is also non-original. It's from a Noir clone, and I retrofitted it to the back of the cab. Looks the goods when installed though.

Comment

• Originally posted by namastepat View Post
                    Spent last night out in the garage drinking beer and playing some SHMUPS.

When you can't go to Japan, bring Japan home with you
                    Awesome! One beer per cab.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X