Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Collapse

For general stuff about Arcade.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mR_CaESaR View Post
    Yeah I know... That's the problem...
    Nice machines. Plus we need $2000-$3000 per square meter of floor space for each. :-)

Comment

• so I did once upon a time say it would be hard to justify the price of the Taito stools...

But I couldn't help myself..

I bought myself a Christmas present

I've got one more coming which makes me "need" one last 43cm one!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Comment

• Yeah i'm very happy with the setup.. but the problem is there's always something more!

I'm toying the idea of "linking" my two astro cities which would mean I'd be down a shmup cab so also toying the idea of an atomiswave/egret to make as the dedicated 15khz shooter cab but I don't think I'd ever be able to afford one at the rate they seem to be going for.

Also toying the idea of a third HD cab for HD shooters - it's just a matter of which one do i wan to spend $$ on and which one should be first

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_CaESaR View Post
            Yeah i'm very happy with the setup.. but the problem is there's always something more!

I'm toying the idea of "linking" my two astro cities which would mean I'd be down a shmup cab so also toying the idea of an atomiswave/egret to make as the dedicated 15khz shooter cab but I don't think I'd ever be able to afford one at the rate they seem to be going for.

Also toying the idea of a third HD cab for HD shooters - it's just a matter of which one do i wan to spend $$ on and which one should be first
            Aussie Arcade

Comment

• I have it linked for my HD cabs.. Just been looking at doing it for the 15khz too. I too am lacking space, but I'm sure I can squeeze a HD cab and a CRT cab somewhere

Comment

• $100 Chinese clone anyone in Vic? https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lanc...ade/1238128648

EDIT: Reviewing on my pc, that legit looks like dog shit. I would probably want $100/week for the space in my house.

Comment

• Originally posted by dzhay1981 View Post
                  $100 Chinese clone anyone in Vic? https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lanc...ade/1238128648

EDIT: Reviewing on my pc, that legit looks like dog shit. I would probably want $100/week for the space in my house.
                  Looks like a good deal for someone.

Comment

• Yeah it's a good deal for what it is...

A working CRT.. A Pandora and a control panel that could easily be changed to sanwa buttons..

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Comment

• The thing with weird niche hobbies and collecting is that clones etc can be just a s quirky and rare as originals.

Comment

• Wow, so many amazing cabs and game rooms in this thread!

I am thinking of buying two NACs from Highway, even though they are over priced I need some more Astros and they seem okay. I am not expecting gorgeous, perfect cabs, but I do hope for no nasty surprises!

I had some photos sent to me of the $1495 version's screen and could clearly see a lot of burn in with the screen turned off. The picture of the monitor with a pandora looked fine though, I could not see anything wrong. My current NAC has slight burn in, but I never see it with a game on. Pretty sure my Blast does, too.

It looks like the locks are all ripped out, too. Which would mean more expense with finding original locks, again.... One of the machines has a Blast panel, so another new NAC panel would be needed. Hmmm, really not sounding like a great deal, huh?

EDIT: P.S I am so glad I have no woman to complain about me buying things I love. Any guy I'm with must be a game nerd, much better that way

Comment

• Yeah, for that price, you'd want it to be in much better shape than what you describe. Retail candy is always pricey these days, bide your time and wait for something private.

A beautiful Atomiswave just sold for $1400 on here and it was schmick as all hell with an Atomiswave board and some kick ass games. That's the upper end of private pricing as well. You can still pick up private sale Astros for 800 or less if you look around and bide your time.

Comment

• Yeah I have to agree, I think 1495 is extremely high for what you're getting. Don't forget, they still need to be converted to 240v and I would imagine there's still some work involved - missing locks (do the control panels have locks? would you need replacement tangs? )

I was fortunate enough to get a dead Astro for 200 (https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...o-city-project). It will probably cost me 150 to repair the chassis and another 100 or so for a new control panel, but once that's done, it'll be another sweet cab for less than 500! The tube has zero burn in too.

As Pat has said, I would also bide your time. If you're already "OK" to purcahse the highway cabs x2, then put that money aside and I'm telling you now, there will be a much better deal that comes up - you just have to be quick as there are a number of people in QLD that would are extremely into candys

Comment

• Originally posted by Segasonic91 View Post
                              Wow, so many amazing cabs and game rooms in this thread!

I am thinking of buying two NACs from Highway, even though they are over priced I need some more Astros and they seem okay. I am not expecting gorgeous, perfect cabs, but I do hope for no nasty surprises!

I had some photos sent to me of the $1495 version's screen and could clearly see a lot of burn in with the screen turned off. The picture of the monitor with a pandora looked fine though, I could not see anything wrong. My current NAC has slight burn in, but I never see it with a game on. Pretty sure my Blast does, too.

It looks like the locks are all ripped out, too. Which would mean more expense with finding original locks, again.... One of the machines has a Blast panel, so another new NAC panel would be needed. Hmmm, really not sounding like a great deal, huh?

EDIT: P.S I am so glad I have no woman to complain about me buying things I love. Any guy I'm with must be a game nerd, much better that way

There’s one on gumtree for $900

Comment

• https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caro...mes/1239089036

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X