For general stuff about Arcade.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAI Galaxian/Moon Cresta PCB

I've been on the lookout for a cocktail cab for a mate for a few months, they just want original cab with a 60 in 1 in it. I picked up a LAI Galaxian/Moon Cresta cab yesterday, still has the 2 way joysticks and Galaxian pcb. So it plays Galaxian but would like to know if this the original pcb with the 2 games on it and if it is how do you switch between them?
    Never seen one of these before, but have always thought you'd be able to select which game you'd like to play when you put your 20c in.

Bootleg creation by LAI. Both games shared a similar board so it was easy to combine them into one. Colours will be off though. Should be a toggle switch to cycle games, maybe that one above the volume control knob?
    SEGA love: | Nintendo love:
    PC Engine love: | Latest retro finds:

Comment

I did try switching the 6 dips one at a time but Galaxian still booted

Comment

I have an LAI 4in1 looks similar but 4 games instead.
        It still has the original packaging with the wiring instructions.
        I'll snap a pic and post it here a bit later.
        Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Comment

I could only get one photo off before the battery on my phone died.
          Not a great pic of the instruction but there's no mention of a switch.

Originally posted by Frank_fjs View Post
          Bootleg creation by LAI. Both games shared a similar board so it was easy to combine them into one. Colours will be off though. Should be a toggle switch to cycle games, maybe that one above the volume control knob?
          That sounds right
          I do have another two PCB's with the same rider board as yours which are labeled Pac Man (Pisces Hardware).
          One has an auxiliary 4 pin plug (red, white, blue & pink wires) that connects to the cab somewhere and the other has the 4 pin plug as well as a 3 pin plug(red, white & blue wires). These would possibly go to that switch.
          I'll see if I have time to test them tomorrow and let you know..

Any chance of getting you you to take a clean shot of the instruction card??
          Last edited by Kaizen; 10 December 2017, 11:31 PM.
          Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Comment

Memory is not as good as it used to be, but I think you had to select which game before you credit up, cant remember if it was with the controls or a separate switch
            I do remember playing these machines at the old AP's in Freo many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen View Post
              I could only get one photo off before the battery on my phone died.
              Not a great pic of the instruction but there's no mention of a switch.

That sounds right
              I do have another two PCB's with the same rider board as yours which are labeled Pac Man (Pisces Hardware).
              One has an auxiliary 4 pin plug (red, white, blue & pink wires) that connects to the cab somewhere and the other has the 4 pin plug as well as a 3 pin plug(red, white & blue wires). These would possibly go to that switch.
              I'll see if I have time to test them tomorrow and let you know..

Any chance of getting you you to take a clean shot of the instruction card??

Just this one on both sides of the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_fjs View Post
                You might have meant the black service button, where I was thinking of the dips above the volume on the board. Ill try that button tonight.

Comment

wow I have one of these too, however there is a large switch that juts our from the board (looks very much like a hack) that you switch over before turning on. It really doesn't look like it's something that the game player can choose before coining in, rather something the owner would hard set before locking the cabinet....although I could be wrong?

Comment

If it is anything like ghostmuncher galaxian there was a switch on the control panel this they used similiar boards.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Well it couldn't have been made any clearer and i just didn't look. Sorry for wasting your time replying [emoji15]

And Moon Cresta boots to this

Comment

let me know if you want to sell the cab

Comment

I sure am glad, I found this post, I recently picked up the same cabinet and was confused why it had both games on the CPO, I suspected it had to be some kind of 2 or 3 in 1 pcb even tho it didnt come with one or any switch mechanism. But this cleared up any doubts I had, also mine is missing the game instructions so now I know what that looks like too

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X