Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astro City locks pictures and measurements to make your own tangs.

Collapse

For general stuff about Arcade.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astro City locks pictures and measurements to make your own tangs.

I have done some searching online and I couldn't find any detailed pictures of the locks and tangs for Astro City, I went through quite a process getting my cab locked up. I'm not really sure why I bothered as it's only for home use, but after buying the wrong locks at first it became a challenge I had to take on. Here is the thread about me buying the wrong ones and what I learned there http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...id-at-all-cost!!!!

Here are some tips
    The locks are standard 19mm diameter (hole size)

Custom factory or home made "Tangs" are needed for the tang to reach the latch.

The main front door (left) and the coin mechanism door use the standard length Sega 5380 lock.....BUT the coin box door is 1cm shorter, I made a sleeve for mine to fit. I'm not sure if perhaps mine is supposed to have a latch on that door that is missing? but it doesn't seem to, anyway the pictures will explain.

Another thing I learned is that the Sega 5380 locks only allow the key to be removed when the lock is in the locked position, so I can't lock the control panel yet as I only have one key, I had to remove one of the locks to shut it and just lock one of them.

I will find some time to test a standard lock from my pinball coin door with a sega tang on it and see if that works on the control panel and others, if it does then people should be able to use my pictures to make their own tangs for a cheaper solution.
    (Yes the standard lock works, pictures updated)

Sega 5380 keys can be bought from http://www.zax.com.au but they are $22

Pictures here (let me know if you can't view linked pictures)
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10910...PWwoMqp5u6R-AE
    Last edited by Rat; 17 January 2014, 08:20 PM.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Thought I'd add to this thread what I just did. I designed a 3d printed latch/tang for the upper coin doorof a NAC, this was specifically for a 30mm deep barrel.
    This is working great for home use, of course it wouldn't be vandalism proof.
    I've ordered more of these thumb cam locks (25mm deep) and will probably design latches for the other doors later.
    Here's a video of the thumb cam lock with the 3d printed latch in action:

Comment

Originally posted by djcalle View Post
      Thought I'd add to this thread what I just did. I designed a 3d printed latch/tang for the upper coin doorof a NAC, this was specifically for a 30mm deep barrel.
      This is working great for home use, of course it wouldn't be vandalism proof.
      I've ordered more of these thumb cam locks (25mm deep) and will probably design latches for the other doors later.
      Here's a video of the thumb cam lock with the 3d printed latch in action:
      Could you share the file?

Comment

Has anyone seen this kind of a cabinet lock in their research? It is from an old Hankin coctail cabinet drop down door. It looks home made and the cabinet looks like it was located in a pretty bad neighbourhood!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
        Working...
        X