Collapse

For general stuff about Arcade.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johns-Arcade View Post
    I was looking through my Lunar Lander PCB's today and strangely one of my boards has been heavily modified. I haven't look into this to see what it does, so I'm not sure why it has this mod.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103602[/ATTACH]

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.
    Well fire it up then, the suspense is killing me...

Comment

Originally posted by nmercury View Post
      Sorry, I need to build a Harness before I can do that, plus get my B/W XY test monitor up and running, otherwise I would.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Comment

You could have the golden egg that Moose wanted to lay.
        Can Play while not spilling the beer.

Comment

I'm not so sure, even though I don't know what these mods are, I'm of the opinion that the game the OP is referring to was most likely a standard Lunar Lander, but appears to be a little different from what the OP remembers, possibly due to the OP age at the time he first played it

I'm certainly not trying to say the OP is wrong, but we all tend to remember things a little differently as time moves on, myself included. In a pervious post I also said I found the game a lot easier to play now then what I remember playing it at the Village Grand Prix at Prospect back in the day. Also, I have only played the game on a computer since those days, so playing it on an original cab with the original controls would appear a lot different. As for the lack of sideway travel or rotation, that could have been due to a faulty game. Lunar Lander was not a popular game and not very successful, so It doesn't make sense to make a game that's not well received in the first place harder to play and remove some of the control features.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by nmercury View Post
            You never know .... well worth checking out.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Johns-Arcade View Post
            I'm not so sure, even though I don't know what these mods are, I'm of the opinion that the game the OP is referring to was most likely a standard Lunar Lander, but appears to be a little different from what the OP remembers, possibly due to the OP age at the time he first played it

The game I'm looking for had vector graphics (white lines on black), and your lander ship was falling into a pit - cave walls on both sides of the screen, and they rushed by as gravity sucked you down and your speed increased. That's all you had - no landing pads on ledges, no landing pads on flat terrain, and certainly no left right movement. Everything took place in the casm and the only direction was vertical - up/down, definitely no sideways. A very limited supply of fuel, and if you did not time things just right, you would smash to pieces on the floor of the casm - as I did many times.

I don't think I ever landed successfully - it was really difficult. I remember a guy at the small arcade one night, and he was really good at the game, and he could land successfully some times.

This is very different to the common Lunar Lander game - that game is pretty easy to land most of the time, you are never in a chasm, cave walls do not rush by, etc.

It was a long time ago (early 1980's), and my memory is far from perfect on many things, but some things I remember with crystal clarity.

I remember more than enough about this game to write a simulator for the game. Stay tuned.
            Then maybe the naysayers will be slightly more convinced ....

Comment

Was this the game, I think not by my memory of the game

Click image for larger version

Name:	5A0AD13A-A8EE-4629-BF1F-DBCE831B1CCF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	384.2 KB
ID:	1849055
              Last edited by dezbaz; 18 June 2019, 06:58 PM.
              Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
              DSB Electrical Facebook
              VAPS
              Vector Monitor Repro Parts
              Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

It has to be Luna lander?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Can Play while not spilling the beer.

Comment

Originally posted by dezbaz View Post
                  Was this the game, I think not by my memory of the game
                  Your attachment is a dead box, nothing happens

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
                    Your attachment is a dead box, nothing happens
                    How's that.
                    I guess an auto KLOV login makes it work for me, but not all
                    Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
                    DSB Electrical Facebook
                    VAPS

Comment

Originally posted by dezbaz View Post
                      How's that.
                      Better, Now I can see it. This can't be what he's talking about! The one he speak about sounds far more sophisticated than that one.

Comment

I remember playing this in the arcades back in the days...way back. it was a poor clone of Lunar Lander. On the way down to the landing pads, all sorts of alien critters would scroll across the screen to smash into you with impending doom !!! But I have drunk a lot since then, so might be mistaken a little bit....

Comment

I know, and agree but it was a new possibility, and it adds to the discussion

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta be this then
                          Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
                          DSB Electrical Facebook
                          VAPS

Comment

The OP hasn't been on AA for a couple of years now! This thread might be a dead end sadly.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X