For general stuff about Arcade.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortune teller project

Hey guys I hope everyone is keeping safe during lockdown.
    It’s been a while since I’ve posted so just thought I would share some pics of this fortune teller I’ve been working on.

It’s based off these animated fortune tellers sold in the US Target and Home Depot back in 2017/2018. I bought this on eBay at that time and it’s been sitting around since.

https://seasonalvisionslimited.fando...Fortune_Teller

Click image for larger version  Name:	97FB04AB-3D2F-4D9A-B61C-7A12B47AFEC0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	243.5 KB ID:	2221514

The prop itself is pretty good but I wanted to put it in a proper cabinet.

So recently I picked up this Top Gun redemption cabinet from Lloyds for $200 which looked like a good candidate to house it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	211B41A5-A815-4A6B-BAE4-1D0D62036FFD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	273.2 KB ID:	2221515

Stripped the metallic vinyl

Click image for larger version  Name:	A253686E-4662-461C-B7C0-3C49314E4B10.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	273.6 KB ID:	2221516

and patched up the holes

Click image for larger version  Name:	63B7BADD-A7C1-428C-9798-3415107CB856.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	265.0 KB ID:	2221517

after that it was just a matter of wiring up the buttons and speaker and slapping on some woodgrain decals to make it look more old school.

Click image for larger version  Name:	127895C9-B11C-45E9-BD2E-63192A121B1B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	282.8 KB ID:	2221519

I got Carson @ Noodleshirt to create the decals to finish it off.
    Couldn’t think of a new name so I went with Zoltar from Big 😅

It works well, here’s a quick video
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Great transformation! Good reuse of that cab!

Comment

I like it, well done.
      It's always good to have something different

Comment

Great job...cool!

Comment

That's come up fantastic. Well done!

Brad
          My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Love seeing old useless crap turned into something useful again. Hard to believe many had this same opinion with non earning pinballs and video machines in the past.

Comment

Sell it back on Lloyds for 50x what you paid for it. It’s bound to grab the attention of deep pockets. Great job by the way.

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback!

Originally posted by hotty View Post
                  Sell it back on Lloyds for 50x what you paid for it. It’s bound to grab the attention of deep pockets. Great job by the way.
                  haha that’s not a bad idea!
                  The fortune tellers I've seen on there went for around $2k to $3k from memory. At least this one works lol
                  but I kinda like it so it’s staying in the collection for now ☠️👌🏼

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X