For general stuff about Arcade.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Donkey Kong Cabinet Scratch Build

I have a couple of Donkey Kong cabinets to build and thought I'd document the process.

This is the artwork package I've put together, still a work in progress.

Donkey Kong UP Artwork

I already had a template from previous builds so I used that to make the side panels, the paint is water based enamel from Bunnings.

I got the first coat on today, there will be 3-4 coats applied with each panel sanded between coats.

The paint is applied with a spray gun and the paint is thinned with a 1:1 ratio of paint to water.

All the other panels have been CNC cut to save time and effort, the plans were based on the ones on classicarcadecabinets.com

I've done a run of 10 of the marquee brackets that have been reproduced by a local sheetmetal company.

I'm also currently waiting for a quote to come back to reproduce the original Nintendo Coin door.

Last edited by Kaizen; 29 May 2021, 10:25 PM.
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

I'd love to come and have a look at this process one day. I don't have the skills to do it myself, but it's fascinating.

Comment

Looking good brother, these going to be in kong off?
      Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

Comment

I think Jimmy has enough cabs for AKO IV.
        This build is for someone else so it's up to them if they want to offer it for use.
        I'm building a second one for myself though but not sure if they'll be finished before the end of July.

I got the second coat on today, two more to go.

Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Comment

I had a local sheetmetal company fabricate ten sets of the two brackets that hold the marquee.
          I picked them up today and did a test fit and they fit perfectly.
          I could get them powder coated but it's easier to just paint them in satin black enamel.

Comment

Lookin awesome mate.
            Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

Comment

Very nice Adam

Comment

Wow this is amazing work and dedication!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X