Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Proxy Pickup service for AA members

Looking to ask for thoughts, ideas and the pros and cons etc for this.

Some items for sale on AA, eBay, Gumtree etc. are from sellers who don't want (or cannot) for what ever reason be shipped / posted / couriered.

The items are a strictly a 'Local Pickup Only'... is the way I could describe it.

I get it, at times I have items to sell that are way too big or I cannot get the time to correctly package, measure, weigh and quote to have things shipped so I ask for pickup only.

Right now I have 2 items I want to buy from members on AA and for their own reasons (which I respect) they will not ship to me.

(regardless of my offering to cover all freight, their time... not because of size / weight.... for no specific reason given, it is 'pickup only')

I'd like to understand in this group with such a massive footprint on Australian soil why couldn't we organise a kind of "Proxy Pickup" service in here with other trusted members?

Assuming the seller would be ok to have:

- the item picked up by an identified and trusted AA member

- already received your payment for their goods before handing them over

Example case... in the AA marketplace there's a CP being sold for pickup only in Melbourne, it's about 5 min drive from my home so I could pick it up and post / courier it to somebody quite easily.

• Like 1

I recently organised a package through Pack and Send recently and they seemed to have a service where they would "take care of everything." Not sure if this was door to door, but would be worth looking at.
  • Like 1