GALAGA Build

Collapse

For general stuff about Arcade.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll back you up on your choice to use an LCD, sometimes you have to run with what's available. 19-20" CRTs are hard to source in this part of the world.

Can I ask though, what model LCD did you use and how do you find the viewing angle? I built a replica Pac-Man a while back, same cabinet style as Galaga. I used a cheapo $10 19" 4:3 PC Monitor and the viewing angle was just OK. It looked washed out when viewed from the sides. I'm interested to know if you used a new IPS LCD and what the angles are like.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by esoteric_rt View Post
      I'll back you up on your choice to use an LCD, sometimes you have to run with what's available. 19-20" CRTs are hard to source in this part of the world.

Can I ask though, what model LCD did you use and how do you find the viewing angle? I built a replica Pac-Man a while back, same cabinet style as Galaga. I used a cheapo $10 19" 4:3 PC Monitor and the viewing angle was just OK. It looked washed out when viewed from the sides. I'm interested to know if you used a new IPS LCD and what the angles are like.

Cheers
      I used a Dell UltraSharp 1907FP - LCD monitor.
      The panel is a LG-PHILIPS. Its one I used with a PC many years ago and it would
      be considered a 'cheapo' also. From the players perspective it looks very good,
      but does suffer colour wash out from other viewing angles.

You raised a good point and I would be interested to hear from other members
      with suggestions regarding LCD monitors and viewing angles.

Regards Scott

Comment

I'm a CRT man.... but I understand not everyone is and this build is so clean I can't help but like it.

If you did want to try RGB modding a consumer CRT TV to go in one of these give me a yell....

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
        Working...
        X