For general stuff about Arcade.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Kong - Expo 88 Cabinet resto

Well this is my next project as the title says its a Crazy Kong board in a cabinet from World Expo 88 in Brisbane (so I have been told)
    The board did have issues to start but got them sorted - https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...cb-issue-mabye
    Next was to put it in a cabinet and this one seemed ideal - its a neat compact cab that just needed a makeover
    Im loosely basing it on a distant cousin -Donkey Kong Jnr colour theme
    Orange cab with white T-molding and some blue on the marquee and CPO
    I think the cab had been in home use for a while as it was in overall great condition so it got a nice few coats of a deep orange
    The speaker was screwed to the inside of the front door with no hole ?? So I moved it to under the control panel
    The checker plate foot rest got a good clean and polish as well

Facebook - "Arcade Furniture"
    Crusin USA sitdown, Sega Outrun Upright, Neo Geo LAI , 60 in 1 Lowboy, World Rally Standup, Rally-X Repro, World Expo 88 Lowboy, Mirco Challenger 4 Player Pong, Taito Space Invaders empty cab, Asteroids Deluxe empty cab, 2 Player MAME project cab

So next was the bezel as there wasn't one at all
    I cut some 3mm mdf to size and as it is thin I could bend it slightly over the curved monitor to get a better fit
    Gave the monitor surround and new bezel some fresh paint that cleaned it all up - the glass is OK so I just kept it but might replace it later with some tinted glass as the monitor
    has a few scratches on it which will hide it somewhat - its not noticeable when the game is playing and the lights are off
    Also repainted the coin door , door hinge and bolts as well all in a satin black
    New marquee!! Thanks again to Noodleshirt for helping to design and make this- looks awesome!!
    Also repainted the bezel brackets in satin black
    There was no lighting in the marquee but have some LEDs on the way to fix that
    Next is the control panel and T-molding
    Crusin USA sitdown, Sega Outrun Upright, Neo Geo LAI , 60 in 1 Lowboy, World Rally Standup, Rally-X Repro, World Expo 88 Lowboy, Mirco Challenger 4 Player Pong, Taito Space Invaders empty cab, Asteroids Deluxe empty cab, 2 Player MAME project cab

Comment

Thats come up beautifully. Also love that style of cab!

Brad
      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Finally finished
        So with the control panel I did a 3mm mdf overlay to cover the unused holes and wrapped in blue with white buttons
        I kept the original joystick as it is still solid and works well
        I also added the yellow lettering and control arrows . I still might put some extra artwork at the top of the CP at some stage and mabye the cabinet sides
        The marquee got a LED light strip that I can change colours or fade between colours for a cool look
        New white T-molding to finish it all of
        Overall came up well - its such a cool design cabinet

Comment

Comment

Comment

Cabinets coming along nicely 👍
              Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210126_162953.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	2189688 Update
                I have since added some barrel stickers to the bezel down to the CP

Comment

kickass lil machine that one
                  Decide how you want to live and then see what you can do to make a living WITHIN that way of life

Comment

Great for a left handed player.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X