For general stuff about Arcade.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!
    It was a rush job at work, but you get the idea
    BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

Originally posted by markc
      guys is not hard to do
      I have brought in 4 containers and have 1 on the way and another to settle on stock soon so should have 2 here early next year
      costs
      container from germany to Melb approx 4000 to 5000 aussie depends on where from and with insurance and extra packing you want
      China and NZ should be cheaper
      I was quoted AU$1500 from China for a standard container.
      | |

Comment

Does that include hiring the container or do you already have one?

Comment

You guys have mentioned Coinopexpress..

I believe they're affiliated with Highway Games which is located in Newcastle.

I bought my Neo cab from these guys and they freighted it to my house for about AU$400.

I recommend them.

Highway Games

Comment

Originally posted by Berty
            Does that include hiring the container or do you already have one?
            AFAIK that's everything. I would assume that the low cost is due to (a) the shorter distance than Europe and (b) the sheer size of the chinese export industry that dwarfs every other country on this planet.
            | |

Comment

So what target price are we looking at on a per cabinet price??

It would have to be quite a bit cheaper to make the hassle of doing it worth while.... I would think.

Mrv.

Comment

I know that Elvis is doing a deal on candy cabs from china, but since this thread was kind of mentioned again, has there been any further thought or interest in doing a bulk deal on classics like Hamish has done from the US?

Hamish you say that there is no money in importing the cabs and reselling them. Maybe in AUS there would be a bigger market for them then NZ. I am suprised that one of the guys doing the pin imports hasn't canvassed the idea of doing one of these.

Catty

Comment

Originally posted by catty
                  Hamish you say that there is no money in importing the cabs and reselling them. Maybe in AUS there would be a bigger market for them then NZ. I am suprised that one of the guys doing the pin imports hasn't canvassed the idea of doing one of these.

Catty
                  The organisation needed would be massive. You'd need to

1) Buy original cabs from all over the place in the US (I doubt you'd find one seller willing to give up a container worth of cabs)

2) Store them until you had enough cabs for a container load (this would mean storage rental, as well as someone to deliver them from the sellers to the storage)

3) Organise the container and import the cabs, shifting them from the storage to the container.

That's a lot of organisation, as well as man power. Unless you had a month spare to wander over to the US and do all this yourself, it would be difficult I think. Maybe Hamish can give us a rundown on how he did it (if he's willing to share the info)?
                  | |

Comment

I thought Hamish bought them all from the one place... ?
                    BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Juice
                      I thought Hamish bought them all from the one place... ?
                      I would say that sort of sale would be very rare. It's not often a container load of original cabinets in great condition just appears for sale.

I'm not trying to sound defeatest, by the way. I'm all for this effort. I'm just trying to keep myself grounded is all. I'm the first to admit I can get very "head in the clouds" with these sorts of ventures.
                      | |

Comment

[QUOTE=microwrx]Apparently the $1000 limit for items not attracting these fees only counts if the items come in by mailQUOTE]

I think you mean $500 bucks? $250 for courier.

Comment

EMS, which is now ECI has got a $2000 limit and courier has still got the $250 limit as always.

Comment

[QUOTE=wrx2hot4u]
                            Originally posted by microwrx
                            Apparently the $1000 limit for items not attracting these fees only counts if the items come in by mailQUOTE]

I think you mean $500 bucks? $250 for courier.

No, at the time it was $1000. I spoke to customs directly.
                            Bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

Originally posted by microwrx
                              No, at the time it was $1000. I spoke to customs directly.
                              Yes, that is correct. $1000 is the limit for customs.

I know, because about a year back I bought AU$1020 worth of arcade stuff, and got lumped with the extra charges. Not happy.
                              | |

Comment

It's worse when you think it's $1000 and the last time you got something from someone it came via mail. Then they think they're doing you a favour by sending the next lot by DHL and when it gets here DHL tell you the limit is $250 because they're a shipping company. Wasn't happy about that one.
                                Bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X