For general stuff about Arcade.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytona USA repairs

Gents

I've recently picked up a JAP Daytona USA twin for a decent price but there are some small items I need to attend to. Can anyone please recommend someone local (Melbourne) who may be able to do repairs on site?

I need a steering pot replaced on one machine, VR buttons don't light up on one machine, one machine had a graphics issue for 10 seconds which has now disappeared but I'm sure will reappear (graphics went snowy), and one machine sounds loud with the force feedback (possibly needs a belt replacement?).

Not sure if I have the patience to attack this on my own at the moment haha.

you want ben for onsite .. or jomac for boards you can send away. get him via Home | Rad Amusements his account here seems to be gone
    Last edited by wiredoug; 21 May 2019, 09:46 PM. Reason: added linky

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=12190]wiredoug[/MENTION]

What is pspa though?

Comment

Originally posted by SegaManAU View Post
        Thanks [MENTION=12190]wiredoug[/MENTION]

What is pspa though?
        here you go - directly to him - Home | Rad Amusements

Comment

Thanks a lot!! I will get in touch.

Comment

@wireddoug Just wanted to say a massive thank you.

Ben came out today after managing to fit me in. My Daytona is working like new. Very happy right now!

Comment

Hi there,

I'm in a similar boar in Melbourne - I need to get someone out. How do I contact Ben? I'm new here - Ta

Comment

Originally posted by 77model View Post
                Hi there,

I'm in a similar boar in Melbourne - I need to get someone out. How do I contact Ben? I'm new here - Ta
                You can contact Ben through his website

Home | Rad Amusements

Send an inquiry. He'll get back to you pretty quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Question - does anyone know the best way to remove the caps off these steering wheels? I know that you need to pop the cap off with a screw driver but it looks like this has been attempted over many years and people have butchered the cap/wheel. Any pointers would be appreciated.

My next question is, I want to buy the Japanese version of the steering wheel which I can find brand new but I can't find the metal plate that goes over the wheel anywhere. Does anyone know where these might be available to buy? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SegaManAU View Post
                  You can contact Ben through his website

Home | Rad Amusements

Send an inquiry. He'll get back to you pretty quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Question - does anyone know the best way to remove the caps off these steering wheels? I know that you need to pop the cap off with a screw driver but it looks like this has been attempted over many years and people have butchered the cap/wheel. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Link

My next question is, I want to buy the Japanese version of the steering wheel which I can find brand new but I can't find the metal plate that goes over the wheel anywhere. Does anyone know where these might be available to buy? Thanks
                  Access to this page has been denied.
                  I went through thr process of trying to locate the original wheels and covers and found that I could only source them secondhand via Ebay USA. You may have better luck with it the I did though.

Comment

Originally posted by Berty View Post
                    I went through thr process of trying to locate the original wheels and covers and found that I could only source them secondhand via Ebay USA. You may have better luck with it the I did though.
                    Cheers. I've found the wheels both on eBay and in Australia but nowhere has the covers. I don't want to pull the trigger on the wheels unless I can get the covers!!

Comment

give felix at gamemasters a call he had some covers

i might even have some i'll have a look

Comment

Originally posted by Lou View Post
                        give felix at gamemasters a call he had some covers

i might even have some i'll have a look
                        Thanks Lou.

I need two, if you have any. Otherwise I will give Felix at Gamemasters a call on Monday. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=9551]Lou[/MENTION]

Did you get a chance to have a look for those covers? I managed to speak to Felix but he only had 1, which didn't have the "Gallop" etched into it.

Not having much luck online.

Comment

All good Lou, got some from ZAX.

All of my race leader globes are out. So now I need to get them also. Why the hell are they such a weird size??

Comment

OK hopefully the final question. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get this off?

I was removing the generic steering wheels from my cab and replacing them with Sega ones. One side was perfect. But the other side has the bolt destroyed by the previous person who worked on it. It seems like it is glued in somehow and I don't want to make anything worse.

I was thinking about buying an easy out tomorrow and replacing the bolt, but I can't even get this adaptor plate to move at all....any ideas?

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X