Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAI Mortal Kombat 1 restore

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

You could try Kev's family entertainment in Kingswood for those fiddly bits, he might be able to help?

Comment

LAI Mortal Kombat 1 restore

Thanks Mick80 i did speak to Kev about those parts, ended up getting his working MK1 pcb as well.

So far i have done the following;

Rewire 240vac supply cable to disty box as this was missing
      Replace fluro ballast
      Check switching power supply - tested OK all voltages from the harness
      Cut front door to size
      source 25" bezel
      order tempered glass to size
      order new CPO overlay from [MENTION=5028]MamePatrol[/MENTION] as the original had bad coin scratches straight throught the middle of it
      printout new CPO sideart
      cut CP side panel to size
      touch up side art work

the side art wasnt in that bad condition so i figured i could salvage it.

Cant wait to stick on the artwork, but first things first. [MENTION=5028]MamePatrol[/MENTION] did a great job with the CPO, came up a treat even with the LAI badge in the middle

Still lots of work to be done
      Last edited by Jason_roberts13; 21st July 2018, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Great to see another one coming back to life.

Comment

I bought an aluminium angle from bunnings for the marquee lower support bracket, and an aluminium sheet for the speaker grille.
          Cut them both to size and painted the grille black and bracket red.

This is how it looks at the moment

Next i will drill some holes through the grille for the speaker, picked up a 15W 4ohm speaker from the local wreckers. Think i pulled it out of a Camry from memory

Mounted the CPO side panel as well with t-moulding

Comment

Those LAI MK cabs are well built sexy beasts.

Comment

OK so the speaker grille and marquee are now mounted

The control panel is in pretty rough condition

The underside of the CP is rusted to the shithouse

So i will soak it overnight in white vinegar, lets see if this gets rid of that rust

How the hell does the underneath of the CP get that rusted anyways? Spilt drinks?

Comment

They seemed to be uncoated mild steel- even just being in a humid environment would have caused rust to start quite fast.

Comment

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it in action

Comment

LAI Mortal Kombat 1 restore

Well the white vinegar got rid of all that rust under the control panel surprisingly, this is how it looked the next day after a bit of a scrub

I got out the ole heat gun and started removing the damaged control panel overlay

and stuck on the new overlay matching up the button holes as best i could

Then wired up the control panel again with new buttons and switches
                      if your wondering what those labels are, i always label the wires when wiring a control panel as it makes it a lot easier when putting back together again

This is how it looks now with new CP sideart and front CP artwork

Next up, the monitor! A 26" LCD should do the trick
                      haha just kidding, i got a few stock 25" TVs waiting for a restore like this.
                      Stay tuned for next update
                      Last edited by Jason_roberts13; 12th August 2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Phworrrr sexy!

Comment

Enjoying the rebuild!
                            Got the monitor in?

I have a MK1 that is missing the Midway stickers on the control panel at the front and sides.
                            Do you know if they came on the LAI Mortal Kombat's too?
                            Nobody reproduces the LAI side art? One of mine is equally torn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_roberts13 View Post
                              Well the white vinegar got rid of all that rust under the control panel surprisingly, this is how it looked the next day after a bit of a scrub

I got out the ole heat gun and started removing the damaged control panel overlay

and stuck on the new overlay matching up the button holes as best i could

Then wired up the control panel again with new buttons and switches
                              if your wondering what those labels are, i always label the wires when wiring a control panel as it makes it a lot easier when putting back together again

This is how it looks now with new CP sideart and front CP artwork

Next up, the monitor! A 26" LCD should do the trick
                              haha just kidding, i got a few stock 25" TVs waiting for a restore like this.
                              Stay tuned for next update
                              I nearly died of horror until you said 'Just kidding'!

Man I love that carpet!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X