• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAI Mortal Kombat 1 restore

Originally posted by tevo View Post
    Enjoying the rebuild!
    Got the monitor in?

I have a MK1 that is missing the Midway stickers on the control panel at the front and sides.
    Do you know if they came on the LAI Mortal Kombat's too?
    Nobody reproduces the LAI side art? One of mine is equally torn.
    Originally posted by Mick80 View Post
    I nearly died of horror until you said 'Just kidding'!

Man I love that carpet!

Comment

finally got some time to look at this today. I pulled out my last 25" tv from stock, its an NEC ChromaVision, nice picture on these tubes
      Was lucky enough to pick this up from local kerbside some time last year

The cord was cut so i havnt tested it before, powered it up today and we have a picture, sweet

decased the tv and mounted it in place, perfect fit for a 25" tube

I thought i would try one of these RGB converters with the original tv chassis, just to see what the picture would look like

However i didnt get very far as i found the AV wasnt working on this TV, may have been why it was chucked out.
      The chassis also died after being on for about an hour, now it wont even switch on.
      So i will have to get a universal chassis, probably better off option in the long run anyway

Already had a 25" bezel and the glass cut to size couple months ago from local glazier
      Its coming together but will have to wait for the universal chassis now

Comment

I have an NEC tube paired with a Jomac chassis and it's a thing of beauty. Mine is 26 inch, rather than 25, but NEC tubes are all known for their quality. Perfect convergence and amazing picture. Probably the best tube I have.

Comment

Originally posted by namastepat View Post
          I have an NEC tube paired with a Jomac chassis and it's a thing of beauty. Mine is 26 inch, rather than 25, but NEC tubes are all known for their quality. Perfect convergence and amazing picture. Probably the best tube I have.
          Aussie Arcade

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_roberts13 View Post
            Yeh I think that’s the way to go, although last time I heard Joey had run out of stock for universal chassis. That was a while ago though so hopefully will have more now

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
            I believe the whole supply of sharp image universal chassis was sold. Jomac advised me to put out a wanted ad as he was under the impression that AA members had purchased a lot of them for future spares.

Add: The company no longer exists either. He might have a Wei-Ya to suit though.

Comment

LAI Mortal Kombat 1 restore

Originally posted by Mick80 View Post
              I believe the whole supply of sharp image universal chassis was sold. Jomac advised me to put out a wanted ad as he was under the impression that AA members had purchased a lot of them for future spares.

Add: The company no longer exists either. He might have a Wei-Ya to suit though.
              https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F120966957215

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Last I checked, which was last week, Joey still had some Wei-Yas for large tubes. You'd be better off paying a bit more and getting one from him, as he will properly set it up based on your tube ohms readings. Ordering one from ebay is a crapshoot at the best of times.

You're right about the Sharp Image chassis though, they are no more, which sucks I have three of them in my cabs and one stashed away with a working tube for a rainy day.

Comment

Originally posted by namastepat View Post
                  Last I checked, which was last week, Joey still had some Wei-Yas for large tubes. You'd be better off paying a bit more and getting one from him, as he will properly set it up based on your tube ohms readings. Ordering one from ebay is a crapshoot at the best of times.

You're right about the Sharp Image chassis though, they are no more, which sucks I have three of them in my cabs and one stashed away with a working tube for a rainy day.
                  Aussie Arcade

Comment

meanwhile this is the MK1 board i picked up few weeks ago.

i plugged it in and didnt get any sound. checked the -5v from the board and im getting -4.79v so that checks out OK.
                    Plugged it into one of my other cabs and also no sound, hmm

after a bit of investigating i found i was missing the volume adjustment connector on the sound board, circled below

There are only two pins used on the connector so i plugged in a 5k ohm pot and bingo! we now have sound

Seems the volume knob was faulty in the cabinet as well so i replaced that pot with the new one

the game now loads with sound, now just waiting for the monitor to get sorted.

I also managed to track down a microcoin face plate and cut the hole in the door to fit

gave it another coat of black paint and its looking good. forgot to drill a hole for the lock but will sort that later

almost there now!

Comment

finally purchased a wei-ya chassis from Jomac to suit the 25" tube

In it went. had to rewire the degause coil, yoke plug, ground for neck board and AC input since the connectors were different

After adjusting the monitor its all done! Was suprised the picture on the wei-ya chassis is quite good!
                      Or maybe its the NEC tube which made the difference. Really happy with the result

This will sit next to my Ultimate MK3 cab, which is a MAME cab with all versions of MK including MK Trilogy, and the fan made MK Project & MK Chaotic!

Thanks for reading. FINISH HIM!

Comment

Originally posted by tevo View Post
                        Enjoying the rebuild!
                        Got the monitor in?

I have a MK1 that is missing the Midway stickers on the control panel at the front and sides.
                        Do you know if they came on the LAI Mortal Kombat's too?
                        Nobody reproduces the LAI side art? One of mine is equally torn.
                        Nice job.

I have a MK1 cab the same as this one, even down to the blue blank sections below the side-art. Always thought that was strange, but looks like that was just the way they were.
                        Mine doesn't have any Midway artwork on the front or side of the control panel.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X