Post up your Arcade Cab restorations logs and pictures here

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration of a Neo Geo 6 slot

Hi all,

I thought i'd post the restoration of my newly acquired Neo Geo 6 slot. Though the pictures would suggest otherwise it does power up but the yoke had a short and so the monitor doesn't work. Looking over the machine all appears to be there including the light panel for the marquee but the card reader's gone. The body's in ok shape given its age but the front door certainly has seen some hard times. The worst parts would be the bottom right of the door whereby it looks like someone's done a half done job of bogging it up and they just threw some red paint over it. The other bit would be around the lock. Though it doesn't look like much from the front the wood around the lock has been dug out pretty deeply (its visible when you open the door).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Full Size.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	1904531 Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside.jpg
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	1904533 Click image for larger version

Name:	Control panel.jpg
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	1904532 Click image for larger version

Name:	Damaged Coin Door.jpg
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	1904534 Click image for larger version

Name:	Damaged side panel.jpg
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	1904535

Just as a side note. When i went to pick up the machine i found i ended up scoring more than i thought. With a 6 & 4 slot boards, new sanwa joystick, 8 newer style gold leaf buttons and fatal fury cart thrown into the deal.

Originally posted by iborg View Post
    Hi all,

I thought i'd post the restoration of my newly acquired Neo Geo 6 slot. Though the pictures would suggest otherwise it does power up but the yoke had a short and so the monitor doesn't work. Looking over the machine all appears to be there including the light panel for the marquee but the card reader's gone. The body's in ok shape given its age but the front door certainly has seen some hard times. The worst parts would be the bottom right of the door whereby it looks like someone's done a half done job of bogging it up and they just threw some red paint over it. The other bit would be around the lock. Though it doesn't look like much from the front the wood around the lock has been dug out pretty deeply (its visible when you open the door).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]130478[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]130480[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]130479[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]130481[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]130482[/ATTACH]

Just as a side note. When i went to pick up the machine i found i ended up scoring more than i thought. With a 6 & 4 slot boards, new sanwa joystick, 8 newer style gold leaf buttons and fatal fury cart thrown into the deal.
    Nice pickup!

I like all the Australian Neo Geo cabs but this is the beast!

Score on the Fatal Fury cart... RARE[emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by RedneckV2 View Post
      Nice pickup!

I like all the Australian Neo Geo cabs but this is the beast!

Score on the Fatal Fury cart... RARE[emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app
      It is???? Ive had loads of Fatal Fury carts!!! I think ive still got a couple laying around, its not rare!

Comment

Originally posted by NEO-GEO Man View Post
        It is???? Ive had loads of Fatal Fury carts!!! I think ive still got a couple laying around, its not rare!
        WHAT!!!
        Not rare you say.
        Geese the 5 I have here aint the nest egg I thought they were

Comment

WHAT!!!
          Not rare you say.
          Art of fighting are more rarer than Fatal fury..LOL

Comment

WHAT!!!
            Not rare you say.

Comment

Nice cab, shame they didn't look after it but good to see you restoring it!

I love all the little touches SNK put into these, stereo sound, credit counter, marquee that lights up the active game, headphone jacks, memory card slot!!

Comment

Since these photos were taken i've fully restored the front door area. I must taken some photos and update this post. Currently im waiting on a 6 slot board to arrive.

Comment

Ive just ordered my new overlay and side art from Noodle Shirt for my 20" LAI 4 slotter, will hopefully restore it to its former glory at some stage this year...

Comment

well its been a while so i thought its time for an update.

Since my last post a lots happened. As previously mentioned I've restored the front door as per the below pict. The door had numerous gouges and a half baked attempt to fix the door with body filler.

Name:	DSC_0467.jpg
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1847700

I managed to fill sand and smooth out the problems and found an almost exact match paint to respray the door. After painting and a couple of rounds of clear the door now looks like this.

Name:	DSC_0267.jpg
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	1847701

After completing the door i decided to clean up the rusty cover were the power cord comes in and using vinegar i got the following results.

before:

Name:	DSC_0483.jpg
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	1847702

After the vinegar bath:

Name:	DSC_0488.jpg
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	1847703

And finally after the paint was applied:

Name:	DSC_0492.jpg
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	1847704

Comment

Nice post! I'm about to do the exact same thing to a 4 slot cab I just picked up!

Comment

Thanks. Good luck with your restore.

Comment

Please tell me you have the 6 slot motherboard to go with it.

Comment

Two actaully but one well past being repairable and the other came from France and is in perfect condition.

Yeah it just would be right having anything less than a 6 slot in it.

Comment

Cool. You can buy new translites on ebay or print them yourself.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X