No announcement yet.

Restoration of a Neo Geo 6 slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tip. Before I replace the transpires I'm going to replace light display beh i nd them. There's a guy in the UK who's made a replacement.

Comment

If you search for EL panels on ebay, you can get similar light panels for the marquee lights. I'm not sure how they get powered, but i believe they're similar to what's in there originally. I will need some of those as well, as i'm pretty sure the ones in my cab are shot.

I haven't got time to get started on mine at the moment, but your thread has me excited to start ripping it apart! I think your cab is a larger screen than mine. Love these red neo cabs.

Just for reference, here's what the inside of my cab i picked up looks like. It's a 4 slot LAI, it's got all the wiring still there, and i believe the interior is original, with regards to the board shelf etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4464.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	1852896

Comment

Thanks for the info. On the top right hand side of your cab i believe is the part (sorry i cant remember the name of it) that controls the el panels. Mines missing hence why im going for the LED panels. But if i can ever find that part i'd certainly go the EL panel route.

The screen size of mine is 26" i had to use an old TV tube as the original one had shorted. But its still got a great picture. I personally love the neo geo's as well and really enjoy mine.

Comment

MV-ELA is the name of that board, it powers the marquee lights. It runs up to 2 other boards that have the lights on them.

Here's some pics just for reference.

Name:	DSC_4469.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	1852901

Here's the panels in the cab, it's 2 panels for my 4 slot, they daisy chain the power.

Name:	DSC_4477.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	1852902

Name:	DSC_4491.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	1852903

You can get the replacement globes here. These are very close to the same size, and you can solder them onto the original boards.

http://glowhut.com/a6-electro-lumine...and-connector/

I spent some time searching tonight and found this info, just thought I'd share for future reference!! It's a bit nerdy, but it's still fun! If you get the replacement, post it up, curious to see it!

Comment

Stu, thanks for the info. I always wanted to keep the original el panel but with the research i did the ones i was looking at were going to cost a lot more per unit. And thanks for letting me know the its a MV-ELA as well. I'll put a wanted ad and see what turns up. Just a FYI if your redoing the red on the cabinet, super cheap auto have a spray paint called Monza red which IMO is as close to the original as i believe you'll get.

Comment

I was contemplating touching up some small spots on mine, but i probably won't it's really good enough that i can keep it as is. I'll see what happens.

I also just ordered the overlay for the control panel noodleshirt $77 shippshipped, just ordered i so i can't comment on it yet, but i figured the price was ok!

Anyways, i will stop hijacking your thread now! Will get started on one of my own in good time!

Comment

such a beast of a cab. I miss mine.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X