Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donkey Kong replica build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    I love restorations, builds, not only in arcade stuff, but cars etc.
    I went over your build topic over two sessions today and finally got through it all - so impressive! Excellent work, it came up absolutely amazing.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by mrjamma View Post
      I love restorations, builds, not only in arcade stuff, but cars etc.
      I went over your build topic over two sessions today and finally got through it all - so impressive! Excellent work, it came up absolutely amazing.
      Thanks mate, it's definitely my favourite project to date. Now to finish of the small details
      Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

      Comment


      • #93
        Amazing build, one of my favorite cabs. What board did you use and where did you get it? I would think that would be the hardest part to source.....

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by R3tro381 View Post
          Amazing build, one of my favorite cabs. What board did you use and where did you get it? I would think that would be the hardest part to source.....
          KLOV is the place where they come up often.
          One listed for sale today.

          https://forums.arcade-museum.com/sho...d.php?t=424757
          Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by R3tro381 View Post
            Amazing build, one of my favorite cabs. What board did you use and where did you get it? I would think that would be the hardest part to source.....
            Thanks mate, it was the pcb I bought first, early last year from klov a genuine dk pcb, klov have them fairly often, or mike's arcade, they normally source from klov, fix/test boards and sell, biggest killer is postage, will cost around $100 half the time. I'm about to get a couple more for back ups ☺
            Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

            Comment


            • #96
              Ok so it's been awhile since my last update on the project, been too busy past few weeks and any spare time gets used to play the game lol, but today I decided to get the back door on and lock as well as installing the front brackets for the marquee and bezel to finish off the front, well almost, still have to get my insert coin sticker on, apart from that it's just the CRT cardboard surround to put in and project is as good as done

              Click image for larger version

Name:	_20180402_202921.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	1833614
              Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by -Slayer- View Post
                any spare time gets used to play the game
                Great job on the cabinet.

                What is your current PB and what is your goal?
                My Twitch stream - twitch.tv/bigredbird1

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by bigredbird View Post
                  Great job on the cabinet.

                  What is your current PB and what is your goal?
                  Thanks mate.
                  Currently sitting on 197,500, would like to hit a killscreen or a million or both lol always depends on time, iv put in a good 8 Maybe 10hrs all up since I got it up n running.
                  Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Wow... that looks incredible!! I have ordered my cab from ArcadeWorx, and am waiting to start my project. Am just waiting for Rob to send it on in - really excited. I have everything else ready to rock and roll Sans a few brackets that got lost in transit and the White T-Moulding. Where did you source your moulding from if you don't mind my asking?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dedmunds View Post
                      Wow... that looks incredible!! I have ordered my cab from ArcadeWorx, and am waiting to start my project. Am just waiting for Rob to send it on in - really excited. I have everything else ready to rock and roll Sans a few brackets that got lost in transit and the White T-Moulding. Where did you source your moulding from if you don't mind my asking?
                      Pretty sure I ended up getting my t moulding from Mike's arcade along with a heap of other bits.
                      Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

                      Comment

                      Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X