Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woody View Post
    I read that you had sent an offer on that. Well done
    Cheers Woody yeah I'm well pleased especially as it's a complete unit with a cage and ARII. I didn't ask whether the all boards have the same serial numbers, I'm assuming they do :O

Comment

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00681.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	392.7 KB
ID:	1803049

Comment

Looks like the ar11 board has had a new cap kit through it ?

Comment

Originally posted by surfer pinball View Post
          Looks like the ar11 board has had a new cap kit through it ?
          Yeah I think so. they all look pretty new. I did notice one resistor that has a dodgy looking solder. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase, stoked to get the PCBs with a cage. The vector board and game board have matching serial numbers. The AVG chip will be a welcome addition to the board. The cage itself is a bit out of square where the RF board goes so it won't actually fit at this point. But that's ok I'll straighten that up when I get to this bit.

Big ups to Dezbaz for the referral

Comment

The Caps look original to me gents. Make sure you do the mods to the ARII pcb, and test your voltages before you plug in your Star Wars PCB. Great to see you're making progress!

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by Johns-Arcade View Post
              The Caps look original to me gents. Make sure you do the mods to the ARII pcb, and test your voltages before you plug in your Star Wars PCB. Great to see you're making progress!

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.
              Cheers John! I'm doing a lot of reading at the moment on KLOV keeping track of what breaks down for other folk Still no time to put into the cabinet but that should change in the next few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by oota goota View Post
                Cheers John! I'm doing a lot of reading at the moment on KLOV keeping track of what breaks down for other folk Still no time to put into the cabinet but that should change in the next few weeks
                Next time I'm over that way, I'll have to stop by and check it out in person. I expect to be playing a game by then!

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by Johns-Arcade View Post
                  Next time I'm over that way, I'll have to stop by and check it out in person. I expect to be playing a game by then!

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.
                  Ha ha! sounds good just give me a few months notice I mean like monnnnttthhhsss

Comment

Hey all I've done bugger all with the cockpit over the last couple of months, work (and kids) has been flat out. I'm planning on getting back to the cabinet in the new year but in the meantime my mate came round with his MAME set up and a TOG yoke stick converter. I busted out my SW yoke (that was donated to me by don1400 over on KLOV) and plugged it in. This yoke needs a serious overall to get up to scratch, it's probably been in don1400's garage for many years and has had no maintenance, but we wanted to see how it would go with a MAME set up.

Anyway hot damn it worked! The yoke was amazingly responsive (ok half the triggers didn't work). We quickly plugged my mates PC into the stereo and cranked it up and we played a bunch of games and a remembered once again why I like this game so much

My daughter had a go too nice to see the next generation playing this game.

Ok have good xmas breaks everyone I'll post progress pics as soon as there's something to post!

Name:	CAM00939.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1805070

Name:	CAM00938.jpg
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	1805071
                    Last edited by oota goota; 22nd December 2014, 07:45 AM.

Comment

My daughter had a go too nice to see the next generation playing this game.
                      THEY are the best photos..!! How old is she? Love it when my girls play my old school games..

I started my own cabinet just before my eldest daughter was born - she turns 7 in May.. makes me feel totally slack

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopstar View Post
                        THEY are the best photos..!! How old is she? Love it when my girls play my old school games..
                        The wee girl is 7.5 the boy 1.75 Can't wait to fit them into a cockpit! Hey Hoopstar you still thinking about going MAME or original? The PC my mate was using was a year or two old nothing flash but he did have a very grunty graphics card in it. I'm no expert on the pros and cons of MAME but the yoke was super responsive, the audio was pretty good (voices a bit distorted) and my mate cranked up the contrast to give it a more 'vector' look.

I can get you the specs if you're interested
                        cheers
                        oota

I started my own cabinet just before my eldest daughter was born - she turns 7 in May.. makes me feel totally slack
                        nah mate you're just timing it nicely for her to be old enough to enjoy

Comment

Ultimately I want to go for an original board set and one of Dez's vector monitors but will initially go MAME with the 22" PC CRT monitor..

My SWC PC (which was really just thrown together from second hand parts from various forums) has the following specs:
                          -AMD X2 6000+ CPU
                          -Gigabyte M720-US3 Mobo
                          -4 Gbytes DDR2 RAM
                          -HD6950 GPU

I'd be interested in the specs of what you're running for comparison as the box is just sitting there waiting to be connected up. I bought one of RAM controls yoke interface boards as well (yes, I was one of the lucky ones that got what they paid for) - what interface are you running?

Comment

Ultimately I want to go for an original board set and one of Dez's vector monitors but will initially go MAME with the 22" PC CRT monitor..

My SWC PC (which was really just thrown together from second hand parts from various forums) has the following specs:
                            -AMD X2 6000+ CPU
                            -Gigabyte M720-US3 Mobo
                            -4 Gbytes DDR2 RAM
                            -HD6950 GPU

I'd be interested in the specs of what you're running for comparison as the box is just sitting there waiting to be connected up. I bought one of RAM controls yoke interface boards as well (yes, I was one of the lucky ones that got what they paid for) - what interface are you running?
                            ok cool I'll find out what the specs are. the interface was from this old game I didn't look too closely at it but it was basically plug and play

Comment

Hey all wow can't believe how much time has passed since my last post. I still have done BUGGER ALL to the cockpit been busy moving cities, raising kids etc etc. Mdawson kindly donated some rubber matt and vinyl which is most appreciated.

In the meantime I've picked up a power supply some new brackets and a few bits and pieces.

I've still got plenty of juice for this project, it's going to take me quite a long time to get done but I'm in no rush and it's just that time of life where there's a lot going on!

But to be honest the more I read on here and KLOV about the running gear of this game the more it puts me off going original running gear. I have zero experience with this kind of electronics and there looks like there's a lot that can go wrong. So I am tempted to go MAME as a bridging step after the cabinet is restored just to have something up and running. My mate has successfully got a good MAME version of the game including a nice front end so you don't have to deal with windows.

Hope everyone is well; anyone found any more cabinets in OZ or NZ?

Comment

Hey all wow can't believe how much time has passed since my last post. I still have done BUGGER ALL to the cockpit been busy moving cities, raising kids etc etc. Mdawson kindly donated some rubber matt and vinyl which is most appreciated.

In the meantime I've picked up a power supply some new brackets and a few bits and pieces.

I've still got plenty of juice for this project, it's going to take me quite a long time to get done but I'm in no rush and it's just that time of life where there's a lot going on!

But to be honest the more I read on here and KLOV about the running gear of this game the more it puts me off going original running gear. I have zero experience with this kind of electronics and there looks like there's a lot that can go wrong. So I am tempted to go MAME as a bridging step after the cabinet is restored just to have something up and running. My mate has successfully got a good MAME version of the game including a nice front end so you don't have to deal with windows.

Hope everyone is well; anyone found any more cabinets in OZ or NZ?
                                The power supply, monitor and game board are quite reliable once they have been re-built, modified and upgraded. Back when I had my games room, my vector games were some of the most reliable games in my collection.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X