Restoration Dos and Don'ts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration Dos and Don'ts

I was wondering if there was a list of Dos and Don'ts when restoring a cab?

I've got two dedicated MK cabs (MK1 and MK2) both in need of work. One side of the CP box has suffered water damage and has blown out. The T-mold appears to be holding the piece together. I'm trying to work out if I just remove the piece and replace it with a new painted piece. or should I try and try and keep the original laminate piece and just hollow it out and refill the centre?

Are there any guides for resurrecting/restoring plywood laminates?

In regards to artwork, what are people's views on replacing them? Should you keep the original for authenticity, or is a repro from Game on Grafix seen as acceptable?

These are my first cabs, and would hate to be responsible for an arcade faux pas.

Hi

It depends on how bad things are

Are you considering filling in the T-Mold Slot?

Some guys have glued it in. It also depends on your background IE skills etc

Pics would help if possible
    Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
    DSB Electrical Facebook
    VAPS
    Vector Monitor Repro Parts
    Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

what if boards are rare as shit and expensive is installing a multiboard with the game a option

just curious too
      you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

I'd like to keep the T-molding as it really does make a cab. I was thinking I could remove the old plywood, 'refill' it with a new piece of board, reattach the laminate, reroute the piece then reuse the t-molding.

Comment

Hi Joc

Your poor old control panel is in a very sad shape mate (as you know, no doubt)

Personally if it was me I would remake them sides, but it really comes down to what type of woodwork skills you have and what power tools too.

I see the red sides are warped, so you probably would not be able restore that with glue or filler.

Any questions please ask
          Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
          DSB Electrical Facebook
          VAPS
          Vector Monitor Repro Parts
          Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
          Working...
          X