LSD or not to LSD???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD or not to LSD???

If i were to use a LSD in a cocktail cab.Would viewing most LSD,s on the angle(in player 1 or 2 position)make the screen look a bit faint or loss of colour?
    What's you guys opinion on this ????

lsd mate makes really tripped out rainbow colours,slow movements and other funky shit

i think you mean LCD
    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

but he wouldn't get bogged easily

Comment

I think you should get off the LSD. If you meant LCD's then I changed my cab to use one and the viewing angle is pretty shit. Some are better than others so I would definately be careful about that if you intend on buying one. I switched from a CRT because it was discolouring due to the car speakers I was using and nothing I tried could fix it. Now you have to be looking right at the screen to see what is going on (kinda sucks like that). I'd be extra careful on a cocktail cab.. I think OLED screens have better viewing angles but probably more expensive as it's a relatively new technology.
        Check out our free iOS game .

Comment

Originally posted by narf_ View Post
          lsd mate makes really tripped out rainbow colours,slow movements and other funky shit

i think you mean LCD
          Shit happens,then you die!

Comment

Comment

A LCD is ok, but a pc crt is usually a better price and easier to fit in my opinion.

Comment

Yeah dude...like shit yeah, you know......I would...umm...like definitely go the LSD ....but forget that nasty LCD stuff.....its a bad trip man!

Just stirring!

Like Headkaze said, lcds are not generally real flash for the whole viewing angle side of things, but that said i have been fiddling about with some LCD TVs as opposed to LCD computer monitors and the viewing angle seems to be pretty good...have not actually put one in a cab yet so
                Shhhhhh........I'm going quietly insane.

Comment

crt for the win

just so much easier and cheaper
                  you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Originally posted by headkaze View Post
                    I think OLED screens have better viewing angles but probably more expensive as it's a relatively new technology.
                    It also looks like OLED is not going to be what was originally hoped:

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/1...gy-In-Jeopardy

Apparently manufacturers are having major troubles getting decent lifespans out of anything bigger than 10-12 inches (you up the back, no rude jokes).

Lots of watches, music players and other small-screen devices are using OLED today, but in the 20" and bigger screen arena of monitors and TVs, it doesn't seem like the technology has the capacity to scale.

At this point, other than OLED, only SED seems to be a valid progression past LCD:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface...mitter_display

SED sounds pretty cool actually. Basically it's a micro cathode ray per pixel. So it's got all the pros of CRT (vivid colours, true blacks, etc) and all the pros of flat screens (huge size, thin, etc).
                    | |

Comment

I used a 15"LCD screen in a table top and for both players it's no problems. For spectators it can be difficult to view at some angles.

Comment

Thx 4 the LSD ...er.... LCD advice (need more sleep)

Comment

LSD = Lysergic acid diethylamide

LCD = Liquid Crystal Display

Nothing like each other....

Comment

but do about the same damage when taken orally

Comment

Originally posted by Prof View Post
                              but do about the same damage when taken orally
                              The glass would be a bit crunchy I imagine???

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X