Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Another Project - Super Offroad

• Administrators

Man wanted one of these like forever! my fav game of its type :D

Look forward to getting it going.

IMG_2182.jpg

Big thanks to Steptoe for shipping it up to me and thanks to nick2214 for helping me pick it up on his lunch break ;)

• Administrators

Yeah NOS ;)

Made up a harness to test the game boards. 2 came with the cab and I've had one lying around in the cupboard for a few yers me good old mate Turbo Tom gave me.

Ones with the cab=phoobah but the one in the cupboard works! woohoo. Hopefully the sound is ok too.

I'll do some top and bottom board swapping to see if any of the non working game top or bottom boards are ok.

Lots of PAL chips on this game :( Be sweet if the monitor worked I could take it to Stuba meet.

• Administrators

Progress update :D

Fixed up the Kortek chassis that was in the cab (found a couple of dry joints) and fired the game up.

Screen was a bit on the dark side and I couldn't get the vertical size small enough. Had a chat to Jomac who so kindly informed me the chassis was in fact for a 25" screen and was surprised it didnt blow up :D meh good enough for testing purposes until he sends me out the right one to suit a 26" Zenith tube.

IMG_2185.jpg

Took a bit of fiddling but I finally figured out how to get into the test. Basically nothing worked except the nitro buttons and the Blue accelerator pedal, all steering wheels did nothing.

Pulling out the Steering opto boards its wasnt hard to see why.

IMG_2205.jpg

Machine must have been stored somewhere damp every PCB the tracks were badly corroded topside look new though.

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

After some track repair work all 3 steering wheels now work :D

IMG_2201.jpg

Found the bottom of the cab pulls out for easy servicing :)

IMG_2202.jpg

This is the red player pedal, you can see the pedal cog isnt even on the pot cog, a bit of adjustment and shes all good.

IMG_2203.jpg

Middle one will need a new pot. Somebody has tried using a cap to bodge fix it but its not working.

IMG_2209.jpg

Kids playing :) What an awesome game.

Things to do.

Good clean inside and out.

Replace faulty POT for the middle pedal.

install correct chassis. Tube is good thank god, nice and clear with all colour bright.

Try to salvage the 2 boards that came with it, they are in pretty bad shape though.

Pretty happy with my progress so far kids are playing it even now I can't wait to play it with them.

If anybody can help me with the pot its a 5 Kohm and the shaft is approx 42mm from the end of the thread and the shaft is completely cylindrical. maybe somebody has an old pedal assembly somewhere?

IMG_2210.jpg

Big thanks to Savage for his help :)

Trav, old style (24mm diameter) pots are getting harder to get these days. I did find this wire wound one, but not cheap.

Would it matter if the shaft was a conventional D type? I think you will have a hard time finding a general purpose one with a round shaft.

EDIT: I found one with a round shaft. Pity about the price!

EDIT 2: I found a 4.7K one with 50mm plastic D shaft for about $7. LMK if you want me to get one/some.

EDIT 3: Would you believe Jaycar sells a metal D shaft one too for less than $3! (shaft only 38mm though)