Reproduction Hankin Tabletop Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproduction Hankin Tabletop Project

Long time follower of these forums, first time poster however.

I thought i'd chime in with some details of what I have been working on lately. I've been busy laying out and designing the machine in a CAD package and have come up with the following...

The build commences this weekend with the components being machined on a CNC machine.

Progress pics to follow.

Enjoy

I have had the files done for years

but there is already 8 people making the same thing now
    Australian Distributors for Planetary Pinball, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball.
    Your one Stop Shop For New Pinball & Arcade Games.

Comment

Thats great - and theyre all selling for over $3k

Not prepared to pay that to have one for the kids.

Comment

you will find the metal work and control panels will be expensive

Originally posted by Ballypinball View Post
        you will find the metal work and control panels will be expensive
        you say for the kids, you mean you, the kids don't care if it's a copy Hankin cabinet

there are many others out there new for under $1200 complete with games ready to go
        Last edited by Ballypinball; 17th July 2009, 11:52 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
        Australian Distributors for Planetary Pinball, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball.

Comment

very presumptuous.

I'll still build it anyway, perhaps other members might appreciate the blow by blow build.

Comment

Gamemaster make the cabinets you can buy bare

there is another guy on ebay that was selling them empty

I think it was about $600 to $800 empty

Materials will be $500 odd + your time

Good luck with that, I have a CNC and a woodworking dept, But Guess what, I buy them already made.

Cheaper

Comment

Guess what, I have a CNC also.

But I guess you want the last word, so feel free.

Comment

Yep, this is how you treat new members to Aussie Arcade, with ignorance and arrogance

I thought you were better than this BP?

Comment

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of help here, please ask if you need help.

There are quite a few members in adelaide, and help from other locations too.

You must be a cabinet maker to have a CNC

The Metalwork is the fun part, I guess, but you could always try to source second hand ones to restore??

Anyway, good luck, hope this makes amends, and you stick around to show us your creation
                  Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
                  DSB Electrical Facebook
                  VAPS
                  Vector Monitor Repro Parts
                  Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

Jesus Wayne could you even be more negative!

Welcome aboard BananaBoat. The vast majority of us love these build posts and look forward to the details and LOTS of photos to follow.

Cheers,
                    Brad
                    My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

welcome aboard, keep up the pics and show us see pics of your cnc in action (that it'll get most of us drooling)

Not too sure of the political comments above though ?
                      Why do programmers get Christmas and Hallowe'en mixed up?
                      A: Because Oct(31) = Dec(25)

Comment

Welcome Bananaboat.
                        Id like to see your build on this.

I'll get around to building one of these one day, myself.

Comment

G'day Bananboat As Brad said we love a good build here.

Personally I find it much more satisfying to build something myself then to buy an soul less import
                          "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                            Yep, this is how you treat new members to Aussie Arcade, with ignorance and arrogance

I thought you were better than this BP?
                            Ballypinball is now on a restricted account limited to posting in his own commercial section. We've had enough of his interference in general conversation on the forum which has been going on for years.
                            It seems BallyPinballs commercial interests are constantly conflicting with the general theme of AA which is solely for the benefit of the backyarder/collector/hobbiest.

Welcome to the forum BananaBoat

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
                              Ballypinball is now on a restricted account limited to posting in his own commercial section. We've had enough of his interference in general conversation on the forum which has been going on for years.
                              It seems BallyPinballs commercial interests are constantly conflicting with the general theme of AA which is solely for the benefit of the backyarder/collector/hobbiest.

Welcome to the forum BananaBoat
                              I guess that'll learn him. I didnt think it was my place to point out he probably has some commercial interest at play - hence the attitude. Takes all sorts to make the world and that includes small minded attitudes too.

Thanks for the support everyone and general positive comments.
                              I'll try contribute as much as possible and provide plenty of pictures of the build as it progresses.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X