Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Reproduction Hankin Tabletop Project

Long time follower of these forums, first time poster however.

I thought i'd chime in with some details of what I have been working on lately. I've been busy laying out and designing the machine in a CAD package and have come up with the following...

[ATTACH]11828[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11829[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11830[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11831[/ATTACH]

The build commences this weekend with the components being machined on a CNC machine.

Progress pics to follow.

Enjoy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will find the metal work and control panels will be expensive

you will find the metal work and control panels will be expensive

you say for the kids, you mean you, the kids don't care if it's a copy Hankin cabinet

there are many others out there new for under $1200 complete with games ready to go

Gamemaster make the cabinets you can buy bare

there is another guy on ebay that was selling them empty

I think it was about $600 to $800 empty

Materials will be $500 odd + your time

Good luck with that, I have a CNC and a woodworking dept, But Guess what, I buy them already made.

Cheaper

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of help here, please ask if you need help.

There are quite a few members in adelaide, and help from other locations too.

You must be a cabinet maker to have a CNC

The Metalwork is the fun part, I guess, but you could always try to source second hand ones to restore??

Anyway, good luck, hope this makes amends, and you stick around to show us your creation

• Administrators

Jesus Wayne could you even be more negative! :huh:

Welcome aboard BananaBoat. The vast majority of us love these build posts and look forward to the details and LOTS of photos to follow.

Cheers,

Brad

welcome aboard, keep up the pics and show us see pics of your cnc in action (that it'll get most of us drooling)

Not too sure of the political comments above though ?

• Super Moderator

G'day Bananboat :welcome: As Brad said we love a good build here.

Personally I find it much more satisfying to build something myself then to buy an soul less import

• Administrators
Yep, this is how you treat new members to Aussie Arcade, with ignorance and arrogance:(

I thought you were better than this BP?

Ballypinball is now on a restricted account limited to posting in his own commercial section. We've had enough of his interference in general conversation on the forum which has been going on for years.

It seems BallyPinballs commercial interests are constantly conflicting with the general theme of AA which is solely for the benefit of the backyarder/collector/hobbiest.

Welcome to the forum BananaBoat

Ballypinball is now on a restricted account limited to posting in his own commercial section. We've had enough of his interference in general conversation on the forum which has been going on for years.

It seems BallyPinballs commercial interests are constantly conflicting with the general theme of AA which is solely for the benefit of the backyarder/collector/hobbiest.

Welcome to the forum BananaBoat

I guess that'll learn him. I didnt think it was my place to point out he probably has some commercial interest at play - hence the attitude. Takes all sorts to make the world and that includes small minded attitudes too.

Thanks for the support everyone and general positive comments.

I'll try contribute as much as possible and provide plenty of pictures of the build as it progresses.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hanging to see pic's of the build. If you can do the wood work the legs will be easy as to make. The control panels will be a bastard to make but I have a spare set here if you need them. Good luck and looking forward to the pic's.:)

MaxPower

i'd love to get my hands on your metal control panels - even if its just for referencing sizes and locations.

Can we organise something?

Hi BB I can send one to you to copy if needed. I'm sure I have a spare set here somewhere..

Max

Welcome, good luck with the build. I just managed to pick myself up a Hankin Cocktail yesterday that needs a little work to get going. I'll post a thread with some picks when I get off my arse and take some.

Welcome Aboard BB... Enjoy your stay here, there are some great people here that make up AA...:)

Look forward to seeing plenty of pic's...

I really wonder if we need commercial sellers that are out to rag us BACKYARDERS..

Keep up the good work...

Wow, the straw that broke the camels back... how do I get that phrase under my Username, lol!

well, I had to comment on the response and support, what a great community.

Now for some questions/advice.

I'm thinking of grabbing those Zippy joysticks from Ozstick. Has anyone had any experience with these?

As this build will be for a mame setup, i'll be using a LCD screen for a display. I'm open to suggestions for bezel ideas!

Any other comments/suggestions welcome

thanks