Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Asteroids Deluxe

• Administrators

Just a few work in progress pics of my Asteroids Deluxe cab.

Things done so far.

PCB repaired

Light caddy converted to 240 volt. New 240 volt ballasts installed and new black light. The fat old cool white tube still has a few years left in her.

Stepdown transformer installed.

mirror pulled out and cleaned, amazing difference when you remove 20 years of dirt. (what a nasty job removing that thing)

Audio Regulator 1 PCB removed and serviced.

Things to do.

Get proper CPO. NFI why this has an Asteroids CPO on it and I cant find any CPO like it on the net???

Remove the monitor and chassis and service it.

Remove the stupid cashbox lock bar from the front of the cab, bog the left over holes and respray.

New T-moulding.

Pics

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

Edited by Arcade King

• Super Moderator

Mint.. Didn't know the reason of the black light, but it really makes the graphics stand out.. Assuming thats what it does.. Looks like it from the pics.

Good work man..

• Administrators

Yeah it really does Greg but the in the photo's you cant really see the effect to its full extent. The ship and some of the asteroids in the backdrop are mounted forward so it really does look 3D.

The mirror the screen reflects on is more like the special tinted glass used on the SWE1 and RFM pinnies. After I cleaned it and put it back I installed it the wrong way which gives you double images just like if you installed the glass upside down on RFM.

• Super Moderator
AWESOME. can't wait to have a go, you'll have to bring it (and q-bert) to the bloody big meet. i know the work you've done to resurrect these so huge congrats on bringing them back. :)