Scratch Built Lowboy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch Built Lowboy.

Ok to start off, I needed a cabinet for my cps2 games & since i had no luck trying to source another lowboy cab and being generally ****ed around with I built one from scratch. Managed to source a nice $20 20" tv from the recycle shop for a donor tube, contacted joey and got the chassis sorted, so lowboy it was.

Wanted something a little different, and since it was going to primarily be for my capcom fighting games, I made up some artwork of one of my favourite capcom fighters and I think it came out a treat. You'll see what i mean below.

Since I know how much you guys love build logs I took pictures of the whole process. I can try and do up some cabinet plans in a pdf when i get some spare time if anyone is interested, provided i can find where i put my chicken scribble notes.

Locks mounted.

Monitor Frame.

Laying out Control Panel.

Control panel holes cut.

Fan, coin mech plate, handles, speaker grills & monitor frame mounted.

Wheels, fan/grill & cabinet handles.

Stupid 15 images per post.......... Continued in next post.
    - - -

Part 2

Control Panel completed. Decided to use the capcom generic overlay, Happ Competition Joysticks and buttons I bought along time ago for another project.

Cabinet Primed & Painted Black.

Sides primed for some artwork.

Wired up the 240v, mounted distribution block, power supply, amp, fluro & did the marquee while waiting for the artwork to be printed.

$200 later for the artwork, think it was well worth it.

$20 Centrex TV from the recycle shop & a Jomac Uni Chassis later and we have a winner.

Finished Product. All thats left to do is tidy up some wiring.

Special Thanks to -

Joey @ Jomac - for the Uni Chassis, and programming a coin mech for me.

Jason @ In2Amusement - for various cabinet parts. The 240v fan is nice and quiet and those cabinet handles are awesome. Cabinet has some nice airflow going through it to keep it cool

Gamedude - For the power supply, T-moulding & jamma harness
    - - -

Comment

Nice work that cab looks grate. Love the art work.

You are really making me thing about doing a re-build of my cab. or at the very least get some good art work for it. It makes a massive difference than just having a black painted cab.
      Movies are very educational. Example: I wouldn't never guess that a shoot in head can kill a zombie...

Comment

Originally posted by Emohawk View Post
        Nice work that cab looks grate. Love the art work.

You are really making me thing about doing a re-build of my cab. or at the very least get some good art work for it. It makes a massive difference than just having a black painted cab.
        WOW, That looks awesome. Job well done.
        sigpic

For all your promotional requirements at guaranteed low prices ....
        CUSTOM MADE PHONE COVERS, STUBBY COOLERS, KEYRINGS,
        LANYARDS, WRISTBANDS plus MUCH, MUCH MORE !!!!!!

Comment

Wow

That cab looks awesome, I am so envious of people with cabinet-building skills. Well done!

Matthew

Comment

That looks kick-ass mate. Nice work!

I can try and do up some cabinet plans in a pdf when i get some spare time if anyone is interested,
            You can bet there'll be interest

I've got a mate buggin me to build him a lowboy and I wouldn't mind one meself

Comment

Thats a good job !

The side artwork really makes it look great !

Comment

thats awesome, i wish I could do something like that
                We're the renegades of funk

Comment

Info on that sideart !!!

and the whole thing, it's insane !!!
                  Pins - Star Trek: The Next Generation
                  Arcade - 26" LAI with SFII CE, SF vs Xmen, Marvel Vs Capcom, Marvel Vs Street Fighter, Street Fighter Zero 2
                  Neo Geo - MV-2F, MV-1C - 100-in-1, World Heroes, Super Sidekicks 2, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting

Comment

Capcom CP and Akuma for the WIN!

Beats wood grain any day of the week.

Comment

EXCELLENT!

Not only is that a really well made, neat lowboy, but the artwork really sets it apart. Its rare in Australia/on AA for people to go that extra mile and get full size (if any) artwork. Well done!

One of these days I'm going to build a cocktail / lowboy...
                      My Projects
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, wanted it to stand out and the artwork did it i rekon.
                        - - -

Comment

That's a great machine. Artwork really gives it a professional look. Well done!
                          I have no garage!

Comment

Wow that looks fantastic great work kudooos to u mate..
                            A bj is the only job u cant put in a resume despite manys experience and countless references...

Comment

wow thats an awesome machine you made there and with that Artwork wow. damn good job mate.
                              Al.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X