Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st resto and it's a LAI Cocktail

Hi All,

As you can see from the pics that I have not done anything as yet, apart from give the cab a clean.

I acquired the cab from prktkljokr over in Perth, thanks to Etch71 I got the courage to actually go ahead with the purchase and get it down to Melbourne.

For a 28 year old cab it is in pretty good nic. I just need to do the usual stuff to it ( Which I may call on some help from within the forum ) replace joysticks, buttons add a game board. Thinking of a 48 in 1.

I have a place for it already ( yes inside the house, tick of approval from the wife ) so I would like to keep the look as original as possible.

Stay tuned for more pics in the coming future.

I have since removed the control panels and taken apart the current joysticks, etc. I will take some pics of them soon.

Thanks, Jeb79
    Attached Files

Looks nice. Are you going to keep its original styling?

Comment

Thanks,

Yes that is the plan. I have the glass, it is plain. I would like to add a black border around it. I got some Galaga instruction cards printed out, which look really cool.

Comment

Are you going to get the CPs and legs powder coated? They come up great. If you do I think satin black is better than the gloss. Gloss will show up finger prints and marks alot more. Look forward to seeing how it goes.
        Cheers,
        Ian
        I have no garage!

Comment

Good luck jeb! I was eyeing off those cabs too but it's a bit to much of a project for me at this stage. Good on you for having the courage!

Comment

Honestly not a fan of those 14" displays wouldn't touch it myself.
            sigpic

Comment

I've got some new legs you can have if you need them.

Comment

Originally posted by horseyboy69 View Post
                Are you going to get the CPs and legs powder coated? They come up great. If you do I think satin black is better than the gloss. Gloss will show up finger prints and marks alot more. Look forward to seeing how it goes.
                Cheers,
                Ian
                Yes I was thinking about doing that, especially with the legs. Thanks for the tip

Originally posted by RetroGame View Post
                I've got some new legs you can have if you need them.
                Might save me some work, that would be great. Where abouts in Melbourne are you ?

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                Honestly not a fan of those 14" displays wouldn't touch it myself.
                Hey Mate, this is my 1st cab. Got to start somewhere. I would have preferred a larger screen myself.
                Last edited by jeb79; 14th April 2009, 10:27 AM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

Comment

good luck should be a breeze with all the info here

Comment

Good on ya Jeb for having a go at it. Will watch with interest, keep the pics coming!

Comment

Originally posted by zeros View Post
                      Good on ya Jeb for having a go at it. Will watch with interest, keep the pics coming!
                      +1 to that..
                      Movies are very educational. Example: I wouldn't never guess that a shoot in head can kill a zombie...

Comment

Progress

Originally posted by Emohawk View Post
                        +1 to that..
                        Originally posted by zeros View Post
                        Managed to give the cabinet a spray over the weekend.

It's coming along, slowly but surely !!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jeb,
                          The cabinet looks solid, should come up good with some TLC, amazing what a lick of paint alone can do. I like it when a cab is saved from landfill and goes to a good home. Think the 48in1 would be nice, keep us posted on your progress. Nice little cabinet to start off your collection.
                          sigpicK KNOB!

Comment

UPDATE: JUst waiting on some parts to arrive ( 48 in 1, Jamma Converter and some other misc items ) and I can continue the machine

I have since got some plastic caps for the legs and have also placed the new legs on.

Stay tuned for some more updates in the coming weeks, hopefully !

https://cid-cab558bb507198ae.skydriv...Project%20CADE
                            Last edited by jeb79; 12th May 2009, 07:56 PM. Reason: Added Link to My Photo Album

Comment

Originally posted by jeb79 View Post
                              UPDATE: JUst waiting on some parts to arrive ( 48 in 1, Jamma Converter and some other misc items ) and I can continue the machine

I have since got some plastic caps for the legs and have also placed the new legs on.

Stay tuned for some more updates in the coming weeks, hopefully !

https://cid-cab558bb507198ae.skydriv...Project%20CADE
                              Are you going to utilize the coin mech? does it look like it works? there's nothing quite like that sound of a coin drop - just that sound brings back so many memories of spending my lunch money at the arcades
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X