Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My 1st resto and it's a LAI Cocktail

Hi All,

As you can see from the pics that I have not done anything as yet, apart from give the cab a clean.

I acquired the cab from prktkljokr over in Perth, thanks to Etch71 I got the courage to actually go ahead with the purchase and get it down to Melbourne.

For a 28 year old cab it is in pretty good nic. I just need to do the usual stuff to it ( Which I may call on some help from within the forum ) replace joysticks, buttons add a game board. Thinking of a 48 in 1.

I have a place for it already ( yes inside the house, tick of approval from the wife ) so I would like to keep the look as original as possible.

Stay tuned for more pics in the coming future.

I have since removed the control panels and taken apart the current joysticks, etc. I will take some pics of them soon.

Thanks, Jeb79

Img1.thumb.JPG.8d4f1fe503d085020630fcd7054a217d.JPG

Img2.thumb.JPG.cdeec9f5f9ee7675cba75b0fd1784ad1.JPG

Img3.thumb.JPG.3595e38381aaa195925f60d36bbfc5a8.JPG

Img4.thumb.JPG.1f76b3541ae113bd9507abf30bd3f1b7.JPG

Thanks,

Yes that is the plan. I have the glass, it is plain. I would like to add a black border around it. I got some Galaga instruction cards printed out, which look really cool.

Are you going to get the CPs and legs powder coated? They come up great. If you do I think satin black is better than the gloss. Gloss will show up finger prints and marks alot more. Look forward to seeing how it goes.

Cheers,

Ian

Are you going to get the CPs and legs powder coated? They come up great. If you do I think satin black is better than the gloss. Gloss will show up finger prints and marks alot more. Look forward to seeing how it goes.

Cheers,

Ian

Yes I was thinking about doing that, especially with the legs. Thanks for the tip

I've got some new legs you can have if you need them.

Might save me some work, that would be great. Where abouts in Melbourne are you ?

Honestly not a fan of those 14" displays wouldn't touch it myself.

Hey Mate, this is my 1st cab. Got to start somewhere. I would have preferred a larger screen myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress

+1 to that.. :D

Good on ya Jeb for having a go at it. Will watch with interest, keep the pics coming!

Managed to give the cabinet a spray over the weekend.

It's coming along, slowly but surely !!

IMG_5014.thumb.jpg.86b02d0e529a521c1db522e2556fc71f.jpg

IMG_5012.thumb.jpg.7a2313cc5299351d26a88512d713f4eb.jpg

Hi Jeb,

The cabinet looks solid, should come up good with some TLC, amazing what a lick of paint alone can do. I like it when a cab is saved from landfill and goes to a good home. Think the 48in1 would be nice, keep us posted on your progress. Nice little cabinet to start off your collection. :D

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: JUst waiting on some parts to arrive ( 48 in 1, Jamma Converter and some other misc items ) and I can continue the machine

I have since got some plastic caps for the legs and have also placed the new legs on.

Stay tuned for some more updates in the coming weeks, hopefully !

https://cid-cab558bb507198ae.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Project%20CADE

Edited by jeb79
Added Link to My Photo Album

UPDATE: JUst waiting on some parts to arrive ( 48 in 1, Jamma Converter and some other misc items ) and I can continue the machine

I have since got some plastic caps for the legs and have also placed the new legs on.

Stay tuned for some more updates in the coming weeks, hopefully !

Are you going to utilize the coin mech? does it look like it works? there's nothing quite like that sound of a coin drop - just that sound brings back so many memories of spending my lunch money at the arcades :D

Are you going to utilize the coin mech? does it look like it works? there's nothing quite like that sound of a coin drop - just that sound brings back so many memories of spending my lunch money at the arcades :D

Not sure if I will utilize it. I will surely put it back, however might keep it on freeplay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Delay on Finishing

Not sure if anyone read my other post on Smoke coming from My MACHINE, however I have had a slight delay in getting the cab finished.

It turns out that the flyback transformer has packed in and now I need a chassis. Luckily I the team at JOMAC ( thanks Joey ) have a Universal Chassis which will do the trick.

I will order this within the next couple of days... Then I will be back in business.

Still also looking for a 14 " bezel / monitor surround if anyone can help out

• Super Moderator

Joey to the rescue!

The monitor surround will be hard to find. Mine was snapped in two and I couln't find another the same so I repaired it. Not perfect but it does the trick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

48-in 1 is in and working, the wife has been getting into Galaga ( looks really funny with a very pregnant belly ) she has topped the high score, lol.

Few more things that I still need / would like to do:

Monitor Surround and also perhaps in future change the T-Moulding.

However at the moment I am happy the way it has come, it is not perfect but my 1st attempt and boy have I learnt alot.

Next one will be easier fore Sure.

Edited by jeb79
Incorrect URL