Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Steven's TMNT Restoration

Part 1 - TMNT Credit Art Overlay

Over a year ago I bought this 4 Player TMNT cab which had been converted to a 2 player 6 button fighting cab :x (Pic 1).

Thanks to the resources of this great community we have here, I was finally able to start attacking this project :cool: (Pic 2).

I removed the original plain looking credit art and cleaned up any glue residue.

After vaccuming up dirt, wasps nests and cockroach body parts I gave the area a bit of a clean with water and a paper towel.

Then after a few attempts I managed to apply the new art perfectly (I didn't even have to trim the ends like Trav did :unsure ) (Pic 3).

It looked like everything was set to go the plan was working perfectly :D (Pic 4)

Untill!!!!..... I punched out the hole for the player button. :cry

For some reason the hole is lower than it's meant to be?

The overlay was not placed too high, it is flush with the top of the panel.

So now I'm left thinking, either the printing people cut the strip a little too small, or LAI dodged the cab :confused: . (Pic 5)

Ah well.. I'm still happy with the credit art result overall :)

I still need to cut out coin slot in the overlay and make a purple credit button insert for Donatello (Pic 6)

A million thanks to Mickey Juice for all the hard work he put in to making the credit art possible!!!!! And to Anthony & Trav for getting it printed out!!

*Shouts you guys a beer.. Mickey 3 beers :P*

2020161819_TMNTProject1.JPG.919e62ccaf386d00afca7f8f5420093b.JPG

1366975065_TMNTProject2.jpg.be3ef0fc6118ede6258bb37c90c955b5.jpg

1427004620_TMNTProject3.JPG.d6190d92c652fa0bd70939e2d69bdc55.JPG

1463310713_TMNTProject4.JPG.2df1009732479b284c52e9e5f942e264.JPG

1391597269_TMNTProject5.JPG.3dbe626dd8def73cef46130529e17003.JPG

607967729_TMNTProject6.JPG.07fda8c48f8eeebcc173278570b5c9e6.JPG

Looks great Steven. Shame about the credit holes being too low. They were cut in different spots on every cab. Mine lined up perfectly. I still have one spare credit overlay if you wanted to have another go at it. You could mount the overlay a little higher and the holes should then line up. Good luck with the restoration.

Thanks but I'm still happy with it :)

I would need to mount the overlay lower for it to line up.. then I'd get a blue bar showing at the top.

Can't win em all :unsure

I actually editted my post to say lower once I realised that wouldn't work but it didn't show up. Damn:) . You could cover the section on the bottom (that would be exposed by moving it up) just with black laminate.

• 3 months later...

Looking good, I've got my turtles cab beside me as we speak, what are you using for the control overlay?

The one on there at the moment is alright except hack on the right side where th cab ends. I have a spare NOS overlay for Turtles in Time but then a mate recently ripped off the overlay on his 4 player cab and there was a TMNT overlay underneath in pristine nic... although it was drilled for 3 buttons. Not too sure what I'm gonna do just yet, looking for tips