Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

I picked up a Whirly Bucket in April last year through this page. I had planned on working through some faults on it but haven't really had time. While I was cleaning the garage up a little I had a quick tinker but don't really know where to start.

Firstly, the Joker that rocks side to side isn't there. The guy I got it from said that it was never on there in the time he's had it. I haven't pulled it apart to see if there is any of the mechanism inside and for now I can wait on that. I would like to find out what it needs and make it work, but if I can't I can live with it.

When I first got it, I was finding that I could finish a game (sometimes) and then the score would essentially scroll half way up and then stop. I wasn't able to start a new game unless I turned the game off and back on. I don't seem to be able to get to the end of a game (very often) anymore, it just seems to lock up.

I haven't yet been able to come up with any logic on what makes it freeze. It doesn't seem to be related to the switch on any particular score. The switches that are behind each hole all seem to signal the score as required and when the ball goes through (and hits the switch) it plays a noise (a different noise for each score denomination). The noise sometimes loops and I don't think it is meant to, and it seems to start but not complete when the game freezes (but maybe not every time).

I'm guessing the problem is within the board that the switches all connect to. Is there something that I should be looking for? Should I get the board looked at?

I have linked a video of the problem below if you are interested in taking the time to see it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/n878z6kxC2CxU1yg8

• 2 weeks later...