Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Illuminated Slot Machine Sign

I bought a Perspex slot machine header a while ago with the intention of making an illuminated sign. Well, I finally bought some 19mm x 90mm pine and some 6mm MDF the other week so thought I'd make a start.

I had a spare one of these LED strip lights too so thought that would light it nicely with minimal heat build-up. I may experiment with different (possibly cheaper) LED strips when I get some more time.

My brother is into woodworking, so I told him the gist of what I wanted and he made the prototype pictured below. The funky corner joints didn't work out as neat as he'd hoped, so we'll revise that for the next one.

Tonight I tried the LED strip in it. With just the one strip at the bottom, the light was somewhat uneven. (brighter at the bottom than the top) However, as soon as I put the rear MDF panel on, the whole face was lit quite evenly. I suspect that once I paint the inside of the box, the brightness will increase a little more.

I'm not sure if I'll paint of stain the wood yet. but I'll post some more progress pictures in the next week or two. Anyhow, that's one of my "slightly different" projects. :)

224073569_PokieSign2.jpg.955aa910e11aa7d7e445231c9cb25f94.jpg

1785138807_PokieSign3.jpg.0495c3c49f8ead7829b6f1c1b25cff17.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's nice Dave!I reckon just some clear on the pine would look sweet :)

I had a light box made up from black Aluminum , similar to what you see in video shops with lights behind them to light up the latest movies.

It cost me $515 , which was cheap compared to what video's shops pay , Anyway I had it made so I could use it for a StarWar EP 1 backglass polycarb , it come up amazing :)

Wish I could cut a piece of wood straight enough to make my own because I would frame and illuminate all sorts of game art work :)

• 4 months later...