Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

NAC clean up

IMG_20200223_135710.thumb.jpg.327e2e759cb9154115596f83d94a1b90.jpg

Here is my next project, thanks again to @borgattard , champion.

This came I got 2 out of the 5 locks open without drilling. But I just couldn't get to the others from inside. This thing is covered in coke, inside and out. Literally like someone poured a 2l bottle on it. As you can imagine everything is sticky to the point of not working. But the board and chassis are clean as. Monitor needs a degauss, eventual chassis refurbish. Kick harness repair. I'm replacing all the switches, sticks, and cleaning up the buttons and everything else. I'll make an NAC topper and add some of the art work I want. I'll probably give it a respray too as the paint is pretty bad Plan is to go a mister + jpac combo. Jotego is hitting cps1 hard and beta out this month, so fingers crossed we'll get cps 1+2 with accuracy. Otherwise I'll enjoy SF2hyper for a while.

• Like 4

One new panel. It is flipped over for no reason. I am hoping to have this up and running over the weekend. Not complete, but keen to play.

IMG_20200227_174644.thumb.jpg.6e887fd8ca22ef6a183b32328beadd95.jpg

@namastepat I'll put some Sanwa obsf in this time. Sanwa sticks, I'll change them to ball tops when I buy more buttons.

I am using repro art work for a 1p and a 2p panel, sides, etc. I made an instruction card that I'll share and I'll make a marquee. They will be for SF2: hyper fighting, using original graphics, just cleaned up.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I gave it a really good clean but there is just too much paint missing. So I took a photo before I forgot.

These things are really great to pull apart. I have changed the way I spray so I am thinking six light coats and it should be ready to reassemble.

I think I'll make my own marquee holder, just trying to work out what to use. Might use some thicker perspex, but stick onto, rather than sandwich.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-tempid":"temp_148538_1584250942482_849"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​

• 2 weeks later...

Respray. just waiting on the art and mister now. Deguassing fixed the colour in the top left. Coming a long nicely. I broke the tube, the seal was old so removing it was the end of it. Likely replace with led.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t Views:\t0 Size:\t253.3 KB ID:\t2121121","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2121121","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

47d607c7dd4ca71570c6c5eca86f10a8.thumb.jpg.05cb92b54142db07d3b8856a7452ee0d.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I am really happy with it. Not really original. Little more tapered than normal, and the whole thing. But, looks good and how it should be.

The image was so low res to begin with, I pushed it I think getting it that big.