Environmental discs of tron - restoration

Collapse

Post up your Arcade Cab restorations logs and pictures here

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's gotta be a quick one but I finally got some time away from other projects to do edot the last few days.

So thanks to mouser I got all the large caps for the suitcase. Arcade parts and repair for the suitcase stud diodes and power supply rebuild kit. I also got all replacement connectors for it which I haven't fitted yet. But I will.

So I rebuilt the suitcase and the power supply . No photos of that but you guys know what a board looks like. My new soldering station with the vacuum de soldering tool makes life so easy... Definitely recommend one for everyone.

And so after all this I reconnected everything back up, except power, checked voltages and then bit the bullet to power it all up...

So for the first time in about 15years EDOT 434 LIVES!!!

There is a slow roll on the monitor and the sound is only coming from the talk and sqwark.. but they can be fixed

Now time for a beer 🍻
    Attached Files

Comment

Great effort there fella ! You must be super happy with yourself...No Smoke Genie released !!!!!! I bet even the beer will taste better after this win

Comment

Well had another quick go at it today and found that the led is not lit at all on the sound io board. So hense no sounds. The sqwark and talk is working through all speakers because I can test that but none of the main sound boards sounds are working. So sound Amps are working.

Looks like the boards have to come out and I need to dig a little deeper.
        Caps while I'm at it. Check continuity between board and amp
        Re seat chips, clock, stuck open test switch, re flow connectors to start.

Hopefully it's something simple

If anyone else knows of any common failure points on these mcr boards feel free to let me know and I'll check them too

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
        Working...
        X