Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

20" Lowboy rebuild

Hey All,

Well I've been working pretty hard on my cab for the last couple of weekends (when I've had time anyway) and it's coming along nicely. Due to some blemishes on the woodgrain I decided to paint it black and get chrome T-moulding. This will go really well with the stainless steel control panel (which will have clear plastic over it to stop fingerprint marks etc...

The CP is getting made up by an old girlfriends dad who builds truck trailers so will be getting that the weekend after next. I've also got to order a jomac chasis for the monitor (the current one is screwy). Then all I've got to do is put the computer together and plug it all in. Simple (if only!).

I did take some photos of it before and during getting it to where it is, but my girlfriend decided she needed the room on the memory card and deleted them assuming that I'd already put them onto the computer. :x

Will post some photos in the next day or so.

-ZXR

I did take some photos of it before and during getting it to where it is, but my girlfriend decided she needed the room on the memory card and deleted them assuming that I'd already put them onto the computer. :x

-ZXR

That's gold, I'm married to one just like that :lol

I'm in the process of getting the ring made, so give it a year or so and I'll also be married to one. Might as well be now without the whole wedding thing having to happen. I guess it's an excuse for a party though! :D

Just did the last coat of paint then and I'm quite happy with how it's progressing. Even my girlfriend is now starting to see that it's not "just an ugly fake wooden box" now. :)

-ZXR

• 2 weeks later...

I've been really slack with this due to having just bought a new apartment. I've had to paint the new place before being allowed near the cab again, otherwise the girlfriend has said "no lovin'" for me for a while and I like my lovin'.

Will hopefully get a little bit more done on the weekend, and will definitely be taking some photo's. Shame I lost the before shots though. :(

-ZXR