Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing can't be restored. (pinballers too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing can't be restored. (pinballers too)

Just reading Gibos thread about parting out pinballs that 'may' be beyond restoration and I thought I would fire up a few pics of some machines that I have saved from the rubbish heap to show others no matter how bad they are, some can be saved.

Found. 6 old cocktails in an old Chicken Shed:

Now show them some love:

So there ya go.
    Sure it takes some hard yacker but SAVE THEM if they can be saved.
    I know pinballs are generally more expensive but if you can afford to buy it, then you can afford to restore it.

Don't forget this one too:

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...ht=saving+cabs

Hope that gives you guys some inspiration for those who hadn't seen those pics.

agreed, and your cabs shit on anything on ebay
    nice

Comment

Good rescue spacies, you truely are the "Cab Doctor"
      AROUND THE LEFT ORBIT, THROUGH THE POP BUMPERS, OFF THE STAND-UPS, INTO THE RIGHT VUK, DOWN THE RIGHT INLANE, UP THE CENTRE RAMP;NOTHING BUT JACKPOT!

Comment

WOW !!!!!

That's great work, Spacies. Impressive.
        We are the largest supplier of Pinball Ramps in Australia.
        Distributors for CPR, Pinball Inc, Planetary Pinball, Starship-Fantasy, Ball Baron, Pincore, Cliffy Protectors, Superbands
        http://http://www.rtbb.com.au/
        http://https://www.facebook.com/RideTheBoneyBeast

Comment

man, wish I could find a cocktail table like that...

Love the artwork on the space invaders, more the CP than anything else, that's bloody nice. Did you have to buy it or did you do it yourself?

Comment

Cheers fellas.

MetalSkin. I do all the art.
            If you aren't any good at it and if you want help with yours, lemme know.
            More than happy to help.

Comment

common Spacies at least one of my cocktails had blackberries growing through them
              The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

LOL.

Truck it over and I will deal to it Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Davefjedi View Post
                  common Spacies at least one of my cocktails had blackberries growing through them
                  <snip>
                  ahh but what does it look like now? If you haven't done any work on it I'd be happy to take it off your hands man I would love one of those cabs!

Comment

you found 6 in one go, did you buy a lotto ticket that same week?

nice

Comment

Originally posted by RaMpAgE View Post
                      you found 6 in one go, did you buy a lotto ticket that same week?

nice

You just gotta know where to look

Comment

omg... of course this is in NZ... so I spose storing such treasures in sheep sheds is common practice! over here we have a building called a warehouse!

Man, wish I could stumble apon a nice cocktail ghetto... though I am a tad choosy about which type.

Comment

Heh,

We have kicked the sheep out now and put old cabs in. They are worth more.

Yeah no use getting a cab if it isn't the right one for you. But could always resto and sell it.

I have a soft spot for the old Taitos.

This is one the was given to me for resto and it was in a very, very, very sad way.
                          The legs were very rusty and the base was badly dented etc. I had to make some new pieces up for the metal base because they were beyond repair.

Looks pretty tight now.
                          Still gotta finish a few small things though.

Comment

very nice... i'm not a big fan of those cabs personally, mainly cause I always found that CP hard to use. I much rather the ones you first posted.

either way mate you show yourself as a real quality restorer. the work you do is incredible.

Comment

I like the taito's alot, stop it!

You mustn't have any competition over there to stumble accross them like that.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X