Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Lowboy Resto - In Progress

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Neo Geo Lowboy Resto - In Progress

    I've always needed a home for my Neo Geo 4 slot so when a cab appeared on ebay i just had to grab it. Overall the cab was in pretty good condition, pretty much everything minus the monitor and 4 slot board. Side laminate had some damage on both sides which was to be expected with the age of it & some chipping in one of the corners. So here is my progress so far after getting her home.

    Organising a replacement monitor & chassis to suit. Everyones friend Joey at Jomac helped me out with this. Pic is of test fitting the chassis.



    Getting ready to strip the cab so i can redo the laminate on the sides.



    Side laminate stripped & damaged areas fixed plus some spots where the ply just didn't want to let go of the glue.



    New laminate applied and trimmed. (Color is Olympia Red from Laminex)



    Oh look stickers & a test print of the control panel so i can check sizes. I'll get it printed from mamemarquees since i can't get it printed on the right material locally.



    Sides completed.



    Currently repainting the marquee holders and the instruction header bracket & waiting for my order from OzStick.
    - - -

  • #2
    looks great! cant wait to see more. Did you re-paint the black parts on the bottom of the cab?

    Comment


    • #3
      The base ? No not yet it's on the list of things to do.
      - - -

      Comment


      • #4
        bloody nice looking mate, love the laminex, what method did you use to remove? the old heat gun? Also when it wouldn't let go did you have to sand or did it damage the ply and you had to bog?

        Mind if I ask how much you got it for?

        Comment


        • #5
          Looks good.
          I have to get cracking on my NeoGeo.

          For your side letters, are they single letters, or a large clear piece with the letter printed on it.?.?.?.

          My cab seems to have a clear sticker that the sides are starting to color, so if they are single letter stickers, might have to upgrade to using them.

          Keep up the good work
          My WANTED list...
          Bubble Bobble PCB - Your love
          Many Thanks to SectionZ
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Great work.. I want to restore a couple of cabs myself. One of them is an old Car game - "Sprint 1" and the laminate is crap - so I'll be watching this with interest..
            We are the largest supplier of Pinball Ramps in Australia.
            Distributors for CPR, Pinball Inc, Planetary Pinball, Starship-Fantasy, Ball Baron, Pincore, Cliffy Protectors, Superbands
            http://http://www.rtbb.com.au/
            http://https://www.facebook.com/RideTheBoneyBeast

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MetalSkin View Post
              bloody nice looking mate, love the laminex, what method did you use to remove? the old heat gun? Also when it wouldn't let go did you have to sand or did it damage the ply and you had to bog?

              Mind if I ask how much you got it for?
              Heatgun as spacies suggested in the other thread. Had to bog, was only about 1mm of damage to the ply. $170 i think i paid for it.

              Originally posted by BettyCrocker1942 View Post
              Looks good.
              I have to get cracking on my NeoGeo.

              For your side letters, are they single letters, or a large clear piece with the letter printed on it.?.?.?.

              My cab seems to have a clear sticker that the sides are starting to color, so if they are single letter stickers, might have to upgrade to using them.

              Keep up the good work
              Just saw my mate at the signshop, he vinyl cut the letters and you just stick it on rub it down and removed the paper stuff off top and are left with the end result. They're all seperate.
              - - -

              Comment


              • #8
                nice work

                Comment


                • #9
                  mmm nice neo geo ey
                  The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Supremicus View Post
                    Just saw my mate at the signshop, he vinyl cut the letters and you just stick it on rub it down and removed the paper stuff off top and are left with the end result. They're all seperate.
                    Must be how they did the Chuck Norris sign then

                    http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13002
                    BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well done indeed, I hope you share that CPO with others

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
                        Well done indeed, I hope you share that CPO with others
                        Only have to ask, as with all the other art i've done
                        - - -

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not bad at all, are you still using the aluminium cp?, i could make up matching kickboards for ya!, cheers PARRA 4 EVER

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I like it!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Supremicus View Post
                              Only have to ask, as with all the other art i've done
                              good to hear mate, good to hear!

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X