Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Our New Cocktail Style Project (In Progress)

Well after looking on here for about a week or so, still having not much of an idea on what we are doing we have decided to just have a crack and see what happens. Myself and a friend are building one each and this is the build up.

We have decided to go two players on one side (for SF2) and one player opposite also for those games that flip. We will just use a switch somewhere to change between the sides.

We ordered 18mm mdf, 3 sets of joysticks and 6 buttons per stick, ordered the coins mechs and brought a couple of hinges etc.

So far we have cut out the frame, screwed it together, cut holes for the speakers and cut mesh to fit in the hole, routed some edges, and made the controller boxes and screwed them on also.

start.jpg.e5ea464aee79a7b033871ce903a77a04.jpg

2.jpg.6b2d5926e4d8db7cc0b707d7c94c582a.jpg

3.jpg.fa1ce7f3ef0e1458345ed04c49e72cbd.jpg

4.jpg.e730315013c65c88c6f21fe200bfe963.jpg

So that's it so far, we are doing more and more each day, I will continue to post pics. Just waiting on parts to arrive.

Back to sanding for now to make it nice and smooth ready to wrap in vinyl.

We plan to add some neons too...just because we can.

Hey found the thread:). Funny, im annoyed im not working tomorrow so we can do some more, first time in a long time I have been annoyed at not working lol.

Been busy researching hardware/software side of things and I am a little close to working out what im going to put in mine.

Edited by Harts
read wrong

Got the control panel tops made up, coin mechs in, light up coin button in also. Really waiting for controls and buttons to turn up from Arcade Gaming Australia.....we have been waiting a week so far, all been paid for yet I have heard nothing from the guy!?!?? Anyone else delt with him before?

....also purchased a computer which should be here in the next few days. I will post picks of progress tomorrow.

Really waiting for controls and buttons to turn up from Arcade Gaming Australia.....we have been waiting a week so far, all been paid for yet I have heard nothing from the guy!?!?? Anyone else delt with him before?

Yeah I did last year and yeah he's slow.

Well here are a few more pics of what we did yesterday and today. We cut our coin mechs in and added a coin button above it so you can switch between the two if you want to pay for it or not (on a switch that will be inside the cab). We cut out two holes in the bottom of the cabs, placed a computer fan in one hole to draw the air in and added a vent at the top of the cab to vent the heat up and out. We also started to trim the cabs in vinyl. We have purchased some stripping to go on the edges also.

1.jpg.676ed689208db4846b7dcbd4b00394aa.jpg

2.jpg.613a6fc404b5d13e8cd07848560069db.jpg

3.jpg.fb6f0b9fd5936b08a29e2e62229f2e64.jpg

4.jpg.7d6ef1ffa209ec22a01320d91d99aeda.jpg

5.jpg.61ba9d17e437957efe205a161ca09e14.jpg

Building these things is a heap of fun, its been a long long time since I was this inspired on any project:) Got some cool ideas for the monitors we were discussing just after you left today will fill you in tomorrow, a lot more work but it will be very very cool.

Building these things is a heap of fun, its been a long long time since I was this inspired on any project:) Got some cool ideas for the monitors we were discussing just after you left today will fill you in tomorrow, a lot more work but it will be very very cool.

Cool, sounds good. Here are some more pics for everyone. We finished trimming the rest of it (except the top for now), put on the aluminium strips up the side, screwed the speakers in the sides, trimed and attached the control panels and added mesh to the top vents on the sides. Also added the hinges for the lid. Still waiting on legs, controllers and computers to arrive.

1.jpg.ee31f0959a0372392fc0261a533fe552.jpg

2.jpg.5d7ceb13218202758e27b4eb6e948c42.jpg

3.jpg.7343ac1e80a4a0229e41070260a7467c.jpg

4.jpg.de59e9227986f6d2ed31668c5f316a58.jpg

5.jpg.02047a9aa0a8882e5b41bb7661b74bb4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would post some update pics, the machine is up and running with Game Ex, Mame and visual pinball. My machine has a Celeron 2.6, 1 gig of ram and a 400gig hard drive and i just brought a 256 meg video card. I did have some trouble getting the software working but got there in the end. The original plan was to do a cocktail cab but the monitor was going to be a real pain to find something big enough that worked flat and then I decided I wanted to be able to watch my music DVD's while having BBQ's ect so I kind of ended up with a mix of a cocktail and upright. Not real classic looking but it works well and im happy with it for a first attempt so far.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/harts13/Arcade%20Machine/DSC00273.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/harts13/Arcade%20Machine/DSC00276.jpg

On/Off switch and volume control

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/harts13/Arcade%20Machine/DSC00300.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/harts13/Arcade%20Machine/DSC00298.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/harts13/Arcade%20Machine/DSC00295.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/harts13/Arcade%20Machine/DSC00297.jpg

And this is what you do with your 60 in 1 while you wait for ur cab, this is the bosses project:ohttp://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/harts13/Arcade%20Machine/DSC00299.jpg

Next step is to add a Led Wiz unit and have LED's flashing and chasing around the screen where I have left room and also trim/paint my top and then play away.

The other cab is a little different to this and we will post pics of that one soon as well.

Edited by Harts
spelling

We decided to ditch the control panel on the other side, It was only going to work if we laid the screen flat. Most of the games I like are 2 player side by side anyway. This has been a great project so far, learnt heaps and still trying to work some stuff out but all has been fun.

Thats a unique setup, and I hear you about the multi-function part - that is something I've been thinking about for my setup (which stalled years ago :))

Looks like a pretty good setup like that...

Cheers

Thanks, Led Wiz ordered and found an online shop in Melbourne that sells LED's super cheap. I just grabed 70 super bright LED's and it was like $35 posted, not bad considering they were mostly blue and they are $1.50 each in shops. Even got some Hot Pink ones for my Game Ex and Mame signs that rae going to be etched and rear lighted perspex.

Gee Rampage had me guessing there for a bit as to how you were but I've worked it out:badgrin The sound system works very well, got a sub and amp in there so there is enough volume to use it as a jukebox for parties.:)