Ms Pacman build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms Pacman build

Ever since I saw this cab I have wanted to build one.
    I love it.

It is a 'fun' looking cab like the DKs.

There is someone else one the forum who is also going to build one. His is going to be a dead set replica, this one isn't.

Here is were this project is at.
    After months of searching the web and communicating with others I am almost ready to build the cabinet. This is totally not like me because I usually just go for it and hope it turns out ok.

I have still yet to find a decent set of plans that have the all important front curve measurements right. So my idea was to take a pic off the web and scale it to the correct height and width and see what it looks like.

I used the plans from Jakobud to build a skinny cab but the instant I cut that curve I knew it was wrong. It was just too steep. You can see it here:

I cut that curve with the jigsaw in thinking I will save it aside for this idea about scaling the picture. This is the results.

On the left you will see the complete side of a Ms Pacman cab printed on paper and taped together. On the right you will see the off-cut from the Skinny cab.

This is a close up:

Although you might think, meh its only minor, but I think it is important to get this spot on. Sure nobody will know, but I WILL!!

I found another pic on the web drawn by joymonkey and he shows exactly the same thing. Jakos plans are the thin red line and the Ms Pacman is drawn to scale.

You can see the shape is way off.
    I also found out that the cab is 620mm wide which is an odd size. That makes the kickplate 584mm.

Luckily I found this out because the art I have wouldn't have fitted as its only 590mm wide. (I usually use 600mm wide pre-cut panels for everything but the sides).

This is my prinout sitting on the art:

Confirmation I have the measurements bang on (note how everything lines up):

So the idea,
    An almost replica of a Ms Pac cab.
    I won't be sourcing anything original for this 1st one but I will probably source a Midway door for the next.

Sometime next week I will start on the cab, so until then, peace out.

PS, one thing I forgot, its gonna have lots of Pink Bits

I for one appreciate the difference in that CP area shape, its quite significant.

The original cut is like a fake perky tit. The new one is a lot more natural.

I'm sure back in the day Ms Pacman would never have considered fakes.
    My Projects
    sigpic

Comment

for the skinny cab you using a lcd? or still using a crt?
      In My "arcade":

-Gottlieb Stargate Pinball Machine 1995 () ()
      -U-turn candy dispensing machine ()

More to come!

Comment

Originally posted by dmworking247 View Post
        I for one appreciate the difference in that CP area shape, its quite significant.

The original cut is like a fake perky tit. The new one is a lot more natural.

I'm sure back in the day Ms Pacman would never have considered fakes.
        LOL, interesting comparison you used there mate. LMAO.
        I am glad I didn't use Jakos plans and waited a bit.

Originally posted by shooter View Post
        for the skinny cab you using a lcd? or still using a crt?
        Thats an LCD boss.

Comment

yay! im going to be designing/eventually building a 48-in-1 with a touchscreen jukebox on the other side
          In My "arcade":

More to come!

Comment

Cool, sounds interesting.
            You mean 1 side Arcade machine, spin it 180 and its a Jukebox?

Comment

Not too sure about that idea myself, not knocking it but from a practacality point of view wouldn't you like to listen to your Juke Box AND ply Ms Pac-man at the same time..?

Post some more details, maybe in a new thread.. Most likely more here than meets the eye.

Comment

I'm gonna look forward to seeing the end result for this one...it's my fav. game......good luck

Comment

Originally posted by spacies View Post
                  Cool, sounds interesting.
                  You mean 1 side Arcade machine, spin it 180 and its a Jukebox?
                  Yeah or not spin it, but have it placed on the side of a wall. 1 side if jamma 48-in-1. The other is touchscreen jukebox. Its meant for parties etc
                  In My "arcade":

More to come!

Comment

Haven't forgotten about this. Been as busy as a boy with 2 cocks lately.

Today I finally got the last of the measurements I needed.
                    Will adjust my drawings and hope to make a start next week.

Comment

You have good taste Sir Spacies, looking forward to another eye popping experience. Can't wait till you start shooting these Midway cabs over to OZ
                      Love the colour schemes on these types of cabs DK, Ms Pacman, Galaxian, Defender etc they do stand out.
                      Good stuff!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spacies View Post
                        Ever since I saw this cab I have wanted to build one.
                        I love it.

It is a 'fun' looking cab like the DKs.

There is someone else one the forum who is also going to build one. His is going to be a dead set replica, this one isn't.

Here is were this project is at.
                        After months of searching the web and communicating with others I am almost ready to build the cabinet. This is totally not like me because I usually just go for it and hope it turns out ok.

I have still yet to find a decent set of plans that have the all important front curve measurements right. So my idea was to take a pic off the web and scale it to the correct height and width and see what it looks like.

I used the plans from Jakobud to build a skinny cab but the instant I cut that curve I knew it was wrong. It was just too steep. You can see it here:

I cut that curve with the jigsaw in thinking I will save it aside for this idea about scaling the picture. This is the results.

On the left you will see the complete side of a Ms Pacman cab printed on paper and taped together. On the right you will see the off-cut from the Skinny cab.

This is a close up:

Although you might think, meh its only minor, but I think it is important to get this spot on. Sure nobody will know, but I WILL!!

I found another pic on the web drawn by joymonkey and he shows exactly the same thing. Jakos plans are the thin red line and the Ms Pacman is drawn to scale.

You can see the shape is way off.
                        I also found out that the cab is 620mm wide which is an odd size. That makes the kickplate 584mm.

Luckily I found this out because the art I have wouldn't have fitted as its only 590mm wide. (I usually use 600mm wide pre-cut panels for everything but the sides).

This is my prinout sitting on the art:

Confirmation I have the measurements bang on (note how everything lines up):

So the idea,
                        An almost replica of a Ms Pac cab.
                        I won't be sourcing anything original for this 1st one but I will probably source a Midway door for the next.

Sometime next week I will start on the cab, so until then, peace out.

PS, one thing I forgot, its gonna have lots of Pink Bits

Hi Spacies

That's artwork looks great, is that twobits.com sideart or your own? I asked because I want to build a ms pacman cabinet, got a NOS marquee, bezel and original control panel to use.

Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

How's this going anyway?? Still as busy as a boy with 2 cocks??
                          That's the way Max Power is. Decisive. Uncompromising! And rude!

Comment

Yep.

I hope to do something with this machine soon.

Comment

You do have an eye for detail Spacies, and I'm glad for it! You saved me, as i was going to us the jukobud plans.

I can wait to see this cab take form.

I hope to start my Ms Pacman in the next few weeks.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X