Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new toy

got his from gibo today

he done the hard work for me and its all wired up all i gotta do is some light cosmetics and new CP to suit the 20 inch or swap for a 14inch tube as i have 3 bezels to suit

gotta love the mini shape

next week is new CP time
    Last edited by narf_; 13th January 2008, 04:33 PM.
    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

would make a nice little moon patrol

Comment

yeah or beserk or scramble

ive got those 3 bezels to suit

atm it will be galaxian and or astrofighter once i get the pcbs wired up

Comment

should scrub up nicely

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

update

Control panel has been removed and i took of the old vinyl overlay to reveal the original artwork and extra holes a op has drilled in its life. Sent that off to get two copies made up 30mm shorter as the top covers the monitor

added a shroud and need to get some tinted perspex cut once the cps are back for exact measurement

im swapping the player buttons to a pair of mini player buttons i removed off a cocktail they look similar to regular buttons but with metal surrounds or ive got half a dozen spare atari buttons i might use instead as i think due to the small space on the cp the player buttons might look to big

mca will be swapped to a sanwa with bigball top. marquee light has been added but i need to add another powersupply

pics of the old CP artwork

Comment

got the pair of new cps made up from my dad for free this w.e

i buggered up getting the hinge as it is too short and there is a gap on either side but i dont care and once i install some carbon look overlay it will help hide it

sticking to a simple setup for this panel and i used a digdug CP as template just added extra buttons

hopefully drilled tommorrow and everything installed so i can crank out some games and with 48in1s at 85 USD atm ill be looking into one

This cp is 35mm shorter than the old one. the camera angle makes it look longer but it is just a few mm under the monitor when you look at it properly

never done so much tinkering before on a cab dam its fun

Comment

looks good mate, hope you kept one of your bezels to finish it off

Comment

i kept the ones that fit but there to suit 14inch tube so im thinking of making a custom generic style one out of contact as a base colour and perhaps adding some custom stickers

so many ideas running in my head atm

thanks for the support Geoff

the cab is sponsered by Verve (WA powersupply company) they just dont know it

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
                    the cab is sponsered by Verve (WA powersupply company) they just dont know it
                    The shed could do with a sponsor,who do I talk too

Comment

lol

probably the wife she would use caterpillar to sponsor it drive a loader thru it to clean it out. once i finish tinkering with all the parts i can clean it

Comment

lol

probably the wife she would use caterpillar to sponsor it drive a loader thru it to clean it out. once i finish tinkering with all the parts i can clean it
                        You will need a 992 ,the green cabs are heavy

Comment

dam just trying to think button setup for the second CP

dam its hard to think what to setup

Comment

dam just trying to think button setup for the second CP

dam its hard to think what to setup
                            Being a small CP and 2 players with 3 buttons maybe set the buttons up in a triangle with No1 button on the bottom left No2 next to it and your 1 and 2 player buttons on the front of the panel facing you

Comment

i did ponder that geoff

to add the player buttons to the font i would need to replace the front wood strut as it is right behind it

no biggie i would just install one with holes to suit id rather drill a new one than the old one

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X