question regarding taito cocktail control panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question regarding taito cocktail control panels

some of you may or may not have heard i got my hands on a legless taito style cocktail cab from ebay a week or so ago... it looks pretty much like this one

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...ighlight=taito

im currently interstate so i havent had a chance to inspect it but i have a few questions regarding the control panels...

im thinking of converting the joystick to a 4 way (perhaps a magstick plus)... i think its a 2 way now.. and i want to add an extra fire button (currently only has one button)

so has anyone played these style control panels with a 4way/8way??
    the cps seem to be at such an acute angle, would it be extremely uncomfortable to play 4way games???
    i want to leave it as original as possible... and dont fancy building out a control panel at a nicer angle...

thankyou

ps... if anyone has a spare lid for this style cocktail or legs... in VIC id been very keen...

pending on davejedi... thankyou mate

wheres it coming from im about 30-40 minutes away from dave

Comment

as far as i know somewhere out in the mountains.... haha i think dave needs a 4wd to grab the legs for me.... after a fishing trip

Comment

Excellent purchase, great to hear you are keeping it (mostly) original. However, I reckon a 4-way joystick on a vertical CP would be a bitch to play games with

Matthew

Comment

hmmm yeah thats what i was thinking..

anyone tried it this way????

there dont seem to be too many vertical 2 way games that i can think of... apart from galaga and pleiads of course

speaking of which... i dont even no what game is in the cab?? i think its all in pieces... cant wait to muck around with it

Comment

Davejedi is getting my Taito cp's hey Dave.

Comment

I suggest not playing games that require rapid firing like Galaga etc. Its real hard on the wrists.

Comment

ive seen op modified panels with 4 ways

magsticks might be overkill perhaps on a cocktail you wouldnt get the full wrist motion. zippy's are good on cocktails ive read on the forum here and gamedude has em cheap atm

as for adding buttons i would get a new set of faceplates made if you were doing that
                you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
                  ive seen op modified panels with 4 ways

magsticks might be overkill perhaps on a cocktail you wouldnt get the full wrist motion. zippy's are good on cocktails ive read on the forum here and gamedude has em cheap atm

as for adding buttons i would get a new set of faceplates made if you were doing that
                  yah ive got some zippys im keeping my eye out for some 2 button faceplates.... setup for 4/8way joysticks... anyone to help me out?

Comment

that be a toughie

all you need is a tin plate and some MDF for backing. the MDF is optional ive seen some plates with some without

Comment

I have changed a set of these to 8 ways sticks before. I drilled a centre hole above and below the joyctick slot and then tin snipped out a section and filed it. There is already a bracket behind those panel for a two way joystick and this won't fit 8 ways. You will have to carefully bend them, I did it with a mallet and a vice. Then I drilled some joystick holes for the new sticks. I only did this because the artwork was in very poor condition. If the artwork is good I would cut a new pair from steel and cover them. I have both painted (with some effects) and covered new plates and they look great when done.

Comment

im out my mates on the w.e ill have a looksie for some old panels if you want to just mod some old ones

Comment

ya id appreciate it if u can find some old panels

i def want to mod em.... and make it a 4 way

as for rapid fire...... galaga is prob the main game id be playing on this haha

RSI here we come

Comment

Originally posted by intigod View Post
                            hmmm yeah thats what i was thinking..

anyone tried it this way????

there dont seem to be too many vertical 2 way games that i can think of... apart from galaga and pleiads of course

speaking of which... i dont even no what game is in the cab?? i think its all in pieces... cant wait to muck around with it
                            galaxians, phoenix, space invaders, moon cresta. and since moon cresta promises:

trip to the space war
                            moon cresta
                            try it now!!
                            you can get a lot
                            of fun and thrill

how could you NOT have it on there

there arent THAT many 2 way vertical, but enough i reckon to make it worthwhile...
                            Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

Originally posted by danny_galaga View Post
                              galaxians, phoenix, space invaders, moon cresta. and since moon cresta promises:

trip to the space war
                              moon cresta
                              try it now!!
                              you can get a lot
                              of fun and thrill

how could you NOT have it on there

there arent THAT many 2 way vertical, but enough i reckon to make it worthwhile...
                              no ill agree there are some goodies u list... i just think though a 4 way would add a lot more but may be a little uncomfortable to play (am i being greedy)... i cant wait to start working on this... its 2 projects i got now.... ill prob be giving away some parts from this cab... i dont know what game pcb it is or if the monitor is black/white or colour.... i might not need them.. il keep ya all posted

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X