Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

question regarding taito cocktail control panels

some of you may or may not have heard i got my hands on a legless taito style cocktail cab from ebay a week or so ago... it looks pretty much like this one

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=10008&highlight=taito

im currently interstate so i havent had a chance to inspect it but i have a few questions regarding the control panels...

im thinking of converting the joystick to a 4 way (perhaps a magstick plus)... i think its a 2 way now.. and i want to add an extra fire button (currently only has one button)

so has anyone played these style control panels with a 4way/8way??

the cps seem to be at such an acute angle, would it be extremely uncomfortable to play 4way games???

i want to leave it as original as possible... and dont fancy building out a control panel at a nicer angle...

thankyou

ps... if anyone has a spare lid for this style cocktail or legs... in VIC id been very keen...

pending on davejedi... thankyou mate :)

hmmm yeah thats what i was thinking..

anyone tried it this way????

there dont seem to be too many vertical 2 way games that i can think of... apart from galaga and pleiads of course

speaking of which... i dont even no what game is in the cab?? i think its all in pieces... cant wait to muck around with it

ive seen op modified panels with 4 ways

magsticks might be overkill perhaps on a cocktail you wouldnt get the full wrist motion. zippy's are good on cocktails ive read on the forum here and gamedude has em cheap atm

as for adding buttons i would get a new set of faceplates made if you were doing that

ive seen op modified panels with 4 ways

magsticks might be overkill perhaps on a cocktail you wouldnt get the full wrist motion. zippy's are good on cocktails ive read on the forum here and gamedude has em cheap atm

as for adding buttons i would get a new set of faceplates made if you were doing that

yah ive got some zippys :) im keeping my eye out for some 2 button faceplates.... setup for 4/8way joysticks... anyone to help me out?

I have changed a set of these to 8 ways sticks before. I drilled a centre hole above and below the joyctick slot and then tin snipped out a section and filed it. There is already a bracket behind those panel for a two way joystick and this won't fit 8 ways. You will have to carefully bend them, I did it with a mallet and a vice. Then I drilled some joystick holes for the new sticks. I only did this because the artwork was in very poor condition. If the artwork is good I would cut a new pair from steel and cover them. I have both painted (with some effects) and covered new plates and they look great when done.

hmmm yeah thats what i was thinking..

anyone tried it this way????

there dont seem to be too many vertical 2 way games that i can think of... apart from galaga and pleiads of course

speaking of which... i dont even no what game is in the cab?? i think its all in pieces... cant wait to muck around with it

galaxians, phoenix, space invaders, moon cresta. and since moon cresta promises:

trip to the space war

moon cresta

try it now!!

you can get a lot

of fun and thrill

how could you NOT have it on there :D

there arent THAT many 2 way vertical, but enough i reckon to make it worthwhile...

galaxians, phoenix, space invaders, moon cresta. and since moon cresta promises:

trip to the space war

moon cresta

try it now!!

you can get a lot

of fun and thrill

how could you NOT have it on there :D

there arent THAT many 2 way vertical, but enough i reckon to make it worthwhile...

no ill agree there are some goodies u list... i just think though a 4 way would add a lot more :) but may be a little uncomfortable to play (am i being greedy)... i cant wait to start working on this... its 2 projects i got now.... ill prob be giving away some parts from this cab... i dont know what game pcb it is or if the monitor is black/white or colour.... i might not need them.. il keep ya all posted :)

yah... well this is my first original machine... i dont think its wired up so my brother tells me... so ill spend a little time seeing how it all works..... cant wait to get home and start playing around with it....

after that ill prob try to sell what i can :) or maybe see if anyone on aa would want anything :)

oh and thanx narf for all your help :)