Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taito Crane 77 ?

Collapse

Threads on restorations of Electromechanical Arcade machines which include Bowlers, Pitch and Bat, Shooters etc

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taito Crane 77 ?

Does anyone here have what I think was called a "Taito Crane 77" skill tester?

The thread starter by [MENTION=426]illawarra_steelers[/MENTION] about his 1940's skill merchandiser brought back memories of the Crane 77.

As a kid I was obsessed with that machine. I even tried to build the gantry part from a combination of Mechano and Lego !

Sadly I can't seem to find any real information on it online. Maybe I have the machine name wrong?
    "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Your right about the name-

Comment

Actually, I just found a thread from 2008 about the Crane 77 that I even posted in! [MENTION=467]Crafty[/MENTION] had one back then.

Not that I found it using the AA search (which never seem to work properly for me). It came up in my Google searches.
      "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Comment

I have one of these. I have a pdf copy of the manual but it was copied from a manual that had been wet. Mostly readable..
        Last edited by arcadus; 13 March 2016, 08:59 PM.
        EM score motors wanted: nonworking or working
        Sega Sub Roc 3D periscope mech. needed except motors.
        Wanted, Mitsubishi 60" RP (vs 6041) complete TV gun assembly. (R Proj TV/monitors and parts taken away).
        Take Five pinball machine PCB wanted.

Comment

I noticed that you offered to email me a copy of that manual back in 2008, but buggered if I can find it. That was when I had the LAI jumbo skill tester.

A while later I ended up trashing the cabinet (it was ridiculously large), but kept the control panel, some of the artwork and all of the mechanics.

The thought of building a new skill tester has crossed my mind over the past few years - maybe in the Crane 77 style.

Comment

I also picked up one of these about three years ago in Melbourne, as you say not too much info about them on the net. I did manage to contact a guy in Qld that had a few of them and was able to get a copy of the manual which I have scanned into a PDF version if anyone wants a copy.

Comment

Thanks TV1. Received ok. Between yours and mine, I reconstructed most of the schematic but not right at the bottom for the D relay. Some notations are missing too.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	taito 77 schematic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	1812495
              EM score motors wanted: nonworking or working
              Sega Sub Roc 3D periscope mech. needed except motors.
              Wanted, Mitsubishi 60" RP (vs 6041) complete TV gun assembly. (R Proj TV/monitors and parts taken away).
              Take Five pinball machine PCB wanted.

Comment

I'm going to revive this thread! I just purchased one of these today on behalf of my brother, and it still works! crazy! I haven't seen one for some thirty years.

Comment

Originally posted by wyldcat34 View Post
                  I'm going to revive this thread! I just purchased one of these today on behalf of my brother, and it still works! crazy! I haven't seen one for some thirty years.
                  Photos please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ddstoys View Post
                    Photos please

Best I can do til I collect.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ddstoys View Post
                        Yeah that’s cool. Very similar to my 1940 holly crane

Wow! thats Cool! Operated the same? 2 buttons, up and across?

Comment

Yeah mate operates the same by the looks drop in the coin one button forward one button sideways

Comment

I have been looking for one in Adelaide the last few years but with no success.
                            Brings back a lot of memories.

Comment

A few more pics. Will obviously need some work, but I think its in pretty good condition considering. Can someone confirm that date sticker - it looks like its a back to front date?
                              Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X