EM For Sale / Wanted Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM For Sale / Wanted Section

Do you think it would be a good idea to have a separate section for EM Arcade Sales or EM Arcade Wanted?

I normally post in the rec.games.pinball or pinball section as they allow EM arcade games. Ebay.com has a arcade video and non-video section so thought it may be good idea to do the same on AA.
    Always interested in buying Sega EM (1966-1976) arcade games, parts & paperwork

Originally posted by dj10555 View Post
    Do you think it would be a good idea to have a separate section for EM Arcade Sales or EM Arcade Wanted?

I normally post in the rec.games.pinball or pinball section as they allow EM arcade games. Ebay.com has a arcade video and non-video section so thought it may be good idea to do the same on AA.
    Whatever floats the boat ........
    sigpic

For all your promotional requirements at guaranteed low prices ....
    CUSTOM MADE PHONE COVERS, STUBBY COOLERS, KEYRINGS,
    LANYARDS, WRISTBANDS plus MUCH, MUCH MORE !!!!!!

Comment

I like the idea but how many will we see for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Tracy View Post
        I like the idea but how many will we see for sale?
        yeah my thoughts exactly mate.

Not too often you see EM stuff for sale on AA.

Comment

I don't think it will get alot of use but I can only hope!
          Always interested in buying Sega EM (1966-1976) arcade games, parts & paperwork

Comment

Not sure how many on here own em arcade games but I think it will be a small minority

Comment

I have only ever seen 1 EM arcade game.

It was a "killer shark" game.

We went on to find a manual and schematics on the net, and I helped the guy fix the machine

He has had the machine for 10 years and would never part with it (My guess)

He chucked backflips when it worked for the first time in 5 years.

Hard to find, hard to see, Harder to get I imagine, but good luck. (Easy to fix) LOL

Same guy I scored the battlezone from
              Last edited by dezbaz; 29th July 2009, 06:27 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
              Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
              DSB Electrical Facebook
              VAPS
              Vector Monitor Repro Parts
              Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

I'm an EM convert and I'm all for it as long as theres a demand. I'd also like to see more people pull their finger our and document their restores.

Comment

I spoke to the Battlezone guy - with the EM Shark Game

He at least agreed to talk, so that's good news

He told me everything has it's price, and said his mate has 9 of the EM Games

Also said he is looking for a 1950's pinnie and would probably trade the Shark game for something like that.

Good luck Derek

If you get it, it weighs a freakin tonne (Well, much more then an Arcade game anyway)
                  Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
                  DSB Electrical Facebook
                  VAPS

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Tracy View Post
                    Not sure how many on here own em arcade games but I think it will be a small minority
                    I'm in that minority, I think there's a fair few owners of EM games out there, but they're fairly quiet since they're not all chasing the latest 123479832918-in-1 board for their EM cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by pooyan View Post
                      I'm in that minority, I think there's a fair few owners of EM games out there, but they're fairly quiet since they're not all chasing the latest 123479832918-in-1 board for their EM cabinet
                      Help make the minority known, so we can see there is enough people to warrant a seperate section

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=25582

Comment

Originally posted by pooyan View Post
                        ROFL so true!

I didn't ever set out to collect EM's but fate and luck intervened and I've ended up with a swag of them. I have to say I'm constantly amazed at the pre-tranisitor engineering and it's sooo satisfying to breathe some life back into them and see them function again. they are a lot of fun but of course without the depth of modern games. they make fantastic talking pieces and I love to see other people play a game and enjoy themselves when some of features appear. they also seem to be very reliable after they have been fixed up. there will always be real estate in my games room for them. Its really great to see increased interest in them and people willing to restore them and display them with pride.

I certainly encourage ppl to give them a try as it does open up a whole other dimension to the hobby

Comment

Dez

look in the quokka under amusement machines there is 2 there in spearwood one is in a good price range the other id say be worth its $$ there asking
                          you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

[QUOTE=dj10555;314036]Do you think it would be a good idea to have a separate section for EM Arcade Sales or EM Arcade Wanted?

That would be great. I am always on the lookout for more EM games.

Comment

Can I ask this question:

Of those who do own an EM Arcade Machine, would you ever sell it?

AND would it go un-noticed if up for sale in the regular for sale area?

It would be snapped up in no time I am sure

Maybe a sub category for EM restores, but the list could go on forever, and get confusing
                              Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
                              DSB Electrical Facebook
                              VAPS

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X