Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade marquee attached to perspex

The way I did mine was to get the print shop to print onto adhesive clear sticker material, reverse printed (they did the flip). They can't print white obvioulsy, not many places can, so because its on clear, you attach the adhesive side to the underside of a clear perspex, then spray paint the back with white paint. Gives it diffuser layer for the light, protects the sticker from marks/scratches and gives you a bright solid white too.. worked perfectly :)

you can see a pic of it here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/vidguide/48In1ClassicArcadeRestorationBuild/photo#5193735680070931762

• 4 weeks later...
So i need a replacement marquee for my mame cab. Im going to do the artwork but i need to find a place that will print it onto perspex as that is what the old one was.

Hey, I'm a bit late on this thread but I'll chuck it out there anyway. I recently got a few MAME marquees printed by a guy at Burleigh. Ended up costing under $20 per and they look great. It is printed onto a flexible yet thick and strong material that is see through for the back light. I just sandwich it between a clear perspex at the front and either a clear one or white one at the back. Looks great. Let me know if you want more details.

Cheers,

Ian

I reckon this guy at Burleigh might end up having a bit of business swinging his way! What ever info you have would be fantastic.

I went to see him on Friday but wasn't in. I will see if he wants some work and then pass on the details. Cheers, Ian

Matey,does this guy in Burleigh have a website or contact number, your marquee looks good to me and need one myself, cheers

Gordon works part time at Grafitti stickers at 8/82 Hutchinson, Burleigh, but he does the marquees as a private job. He can also do Sideart for Cabinets in sticker or pvc etc. His mobile is 0407588718.

Marquees will be about $20 depending on size and how much he has to muck around with the file. Can be a vector graphic (illustrator) or PSD in photoshop or talk to him about what you have and he will recommend the best way given your situation. He can post them to you if you are not near the coast.

Cost for marquees works on about $120 per sq metre depending on the material you want it on.

Hope this helps - Tell him Ian sent you! :evil

I'm not sure how i would be able to mod it do that, but as I'm writing i thought i could just use some off cut mdf screwed to the roof and bottom to hold it. Ill do that. thx

If your current perspex is 6mm (normal) then get 2 pieces of 3mm to sandwich the artwork between

• 1 month later...

I went to Sign'A'Rama today in Wollongong, they wanted $32 per laminated adhesive vinyl control panel for my bartop (430x280) which I begrudingly paid.

However they wanted $54 for a 1mm thick translucent paper print for my Area 51 marquee (690x150) which was way too much IMO, so I'm still in the market for some marquee printing.

Marquee/artwork printing continues to be the hardest and most time consuming part of this hobby for me... is this guy in Burleigh still the best bet?

PS: VidGuide, do you have the original for that that 'arcade classics' marquee on the front of your restoration? I wonder how that'd look on my yellow lowboy (I need something generic as I don't want it game specific).

dm i got a mate in perth that does them

price is around the 20-25 mark for a lowboy cheaper if i get a few done at once

for example

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/P6090726-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/P6090725.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/P6090728.jpg

got a order combining if you want to jump on to drop costs

this one still has its backing on was to slack and not game at the time to put it on perspex