Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy perspex for marquee

Hey guys,

I need to buy a sheet of perspex to make a new marquee. Just wondering where is the best place to buy perspex from, I've never really seen it on a store shelf? Is it just at Bunnings?

Additionally, i need to cut it to the particular shape shown below (without the missing corner). What is the best way to cut perspex? Is it possible to do a curvy shape like this or will I need to get a pro to do it?

If anyone knows any specific places capable of this, I am in Brisbane.

Fan of good aussie hard rock n' roll?
    Check us out:

Don't know about the cutting, but Bunning had sheets (size 900 X 600/900??) for about 40 bucks in various thickness's
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Ask GAMEDUDE (Commercial Member) if he has a spare marque.

Assuming you want to replace the LS marque with another LS marque..

Comment

yeah I need the perspex shape though, but want to redo my own marquee because I find that one a bit garish and tacky.

I'm not positive but I would assume when GD imports them in pieces the marquee is probably already printed on the perspex.
        Check us out:

Comment

try a plastics shop

down here we have one that will cut to suit. for CP overlays drilled with 5 holes is about $12 for me
          you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

wow that sounds awesome, I'm sure there will be one in brisvegas. That ballpark sits well within my price range
            Check us out:

Comment

Like foot said Bunnings sells it, I use the 3mm stuff myself for marquees.
              Just make sure you cut it at SLOW speed.

Comment

check out the yellow pages. I went to a place that had what I wanted as scrap and got it for $5
                Pinball Meets...I love em

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
                  Like foot said Bunnings sells it, I use the 3mm stuff myself for marquees.
                  Just make sure you cut it at SLOW speed.
                  Arcade King - when you say cut at slow speed, are you referring to cutting with an electric jigsaw on a slow setting, or a slow cut with a hand tool (like a piercing saw)?

Just wondering whether perspex might shatter if using an electric jigsaw?

I am heading down the same path as gints, probably this weekend, so any advice to help us get a fantastic result would be greatly appreciated.
                  Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

Comment

Yes I used a jigsaw at the slowest speed using a fine toothed metal cutting blade.

Comment

Fantastic - thanks for the info. I will be giving it a crack this weekend.
                      Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

Comment

The pros use a 'score and snap' knife with a tungsten tip.

Really simple to use and you can get some cheapies!

I use one of those and its does a great job.

Comment

Thanks Spacies - I will give that method a try as well. Have both a fine jigsaw blade and a score and snap tool in the toolkit. It will be interesting to see which is the easiest (for me) and gives the best results.

Comment

are these cutting methods are okay for doing odd curves?

Unfortunate part about my shape is that I will basically have to trace it around the edges, since you can't really write the shape down in terms of geometry (unless you whip some tasty integrals)
                            Check us out:

Comment

yours is a toughie id take the easy option and see how much to get it cut by someone that way they stuff it they fix it

plus most places will drill the holes also to suit
                              you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X