Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sega Rally pc conversion

Collapse

Any topic relating to the restoration of Video or Electromechanical Arcade machines.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both L2M2 boards now soldered up! (only need one for now, which is fortunate since the second L2M2 is missing a few components)

I'll wait to purchase the insulation tabs before I install the transistors onto the heatsink.

I'm hoping to get my chassis from Jomac sometime this week so I can hopefully get some power to the cab. I really hope the step down transformer is still operational. Will find out soon.

L2M2 kit courtesy of Ray - thanks again! And of course Andy/homepin who made it all happen as a kit

L2M2 soldered up... I really hope I didn't install any components in reverse!

The back view.. As clean as I could solder..

Next steps:

- crt chassis and power to the cab
    - work out what I need to connect

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome work so far!

Keeping a close eye on this thread as it is something I'm just starting to source parts for myself, great timing to cross reference this build, so i have the model 2 complete steering panel/ Logitech driving force gt pedals on their way and trying hard to find an old cab , Sing out if any ideas :-), however stuck on on the l2m2 board any chance I get some info on where/how I can get my hands on one of this guys?. :confused

Comment

Andy made them and unfortunately he has no more.

I was fortunate when I put a WTB post and ray was able to provide me 2 kit boards.

We should ask Andy to do another run... I'd be happy to buy another couple of sets.. I know redback needs a couple more..

Pair it up with Ryan's kit.. And we have a very "plug and play" solution

Comment

Definitely i'll be needing one not too far away, ill see what I can muster up.. I'll try revisiting with Andy and keep you posted if anything eventuates in the meantime looking forward to keeping an eye with the build Cheers for the reply..��

Comment

Just completed more procurement

JPAC - to connect the vga from pc to the crt (unfortunately it's the only way I know at the moment as this is the way I have my groovymame setup)

Jamma edge harness - to connect the jpac to the cab, will take care of video and possibly a couple of additional buttons for FE management

Daytona 2 dashboard with the VR panel - hoping the dash is in better condition than my current one, but I'm not sure if it's a straight swap without modification... I'll find out when it arrives. The dash was a bonus since I mainly purchased for the VR buttons.

Finally, the pac-drive to manage the vr buttons with ramjet's software.

Hopefully by the time these arrive, Ryan's pcb will be ready for sale to make life much easier connecting the L2M2 to the logitech to the steering module

Fun times!

Comment

Looking good so far. So how does the pacdrive work I can only assume similar to the ipac does only that the usb gives the power for the led to light up?

Comment

Originally posted by yngbld View Post
                Looking good so far. So how does the pacdrive work I can only assume similar to the ipac does only that the usb gives the power for the led to light up?
                Lol tbh, I have no idea. I just read the read me of the ramjet zip file and it mentioned pac drive

Comment

lol! FYI Ive pm'd Andy re the lm2m board an put my hand up to get a few printed so hopefully he can get shed a little light on it and In the meantime enjoy watching how yours goes.

Comment

Originally posted by yngbld View Post
                    lol! FYI Ive pm'd Andy re the lm2m board an put my hand up to get a few printed so hopefully he can get shed a little light on it and In the meantime enjoy watching how yours goes.
                    Yeah I've msg'd him too. Hopefully he can do a re-print.

Mine will be at a stand still until I get some parts. I can't connect the monitor to anything yet until I get the JPAC delivered.

Also need to try and work out some of the connectors

Comment

lets hope!, i'm stayed tuned till the next episode!, i am real interested on how the l2m2 board goes, and i know i'll learn a bit for when im good to go, it will be fantastic with ffb looking forward to your thought's when the time comes!

Comment

This shipped China and I already have it, but the jpac and pac drive I ordered locally still hasn't shipped lol.

The dash looks in a far better condition than my current dash. I'm hoping it's a straight swap! It looks like it all lines up.

Comment

Has been a busy couple of days in the receiving of the procured items...

Joey sent me the refurbished chassis the other day, I didn't have the right connectors though to wire it up.

Other various parts and my rs components order for the correct connectors and crimps.

I believe I now have everything I need to complete this build...

Except time (sorry of our lives right?)

- racing cab (complete with tube, seat, model 2 wheel, pedals, shifter): check!
                          - crt chassis (ms8-26): check!
                          - pc with CRT emudriver video card: check!
                          - L2M2 interface kit soldered (including isolation kit on the mosfet, still need to jump the wires on pins 1-3 and 5-7 though): check!
                          - logitech Driving Force wheel: check!
                          - jpac: check!
                          - jamma edge harness to connect the jpac for video and a few buttons: check!
                          - vr buttons: check!
                          - pac drive to manage the LEDs on the vr buttons: check!
                          - knowledge to connect it all up..... Not a f&3#$ng clue!

Hopefully in the next few days I can do the following:

- put power into the cab including the step down transformer
                          - wire up the chassis and monitor (need to find a pinout for the monitor)
                          - configure the pc to with CRT emudriver
                          - do a quick test of the ramjet software with the vr buttons.

Once I have the above in working order, then it's time to tackle the elephant in the room that is the FFB wheel

Comment

Well the VR buttons are done and dusted!

Used the following schematic:

The moment you plug in the USB all lights are lit up, it's only once you load thr RamjetVR software that it turns off

Closer look at the wiring..

Final*wiring details*for the setup:

LEDs handled by the Pac-Drive:

On VR Pin 1 = 5V on Pac-Drive Pin + (top left)
                            On VR Pin 2 = Start LED on Pac-Drive Pin 1
                            On VR Pin 3 = Red LED on Pac-Drive Pin 2
                            On VR Pin 4 = Blue LED on On Pac-Drive Pin 3
                            On VR Pin 5 = Yellow LED on On Pac-Drive Pin 4
                            On VR Pin 6 = Green LED on On Pac-Drive Pin 5

Buttons handled by the JPAC (or ipac or whatever you're using)

On VR Pin 7 = Start on JPAC pin 1SW4
                            On VR Pin 8 = Red button on JPAC pin 1SW5
                            On VR Pin 9 = Blue button on JPAC pin 1SW6
                            On VR Pin 10 = Yellow button on JPAC pin 1SW7
                            On VR Pin 11 = Green button on JPAC pin 1SW8
                            On VR Pin 12 = GND on JPAC pin GND

And a video of it all in action!

In demo mode

Cycling through the button presses

Last edited by mR_CaESaR; 28 September 2018, 06:53 AM.

Comment

We have power and picture!

I'm wondering if my cabling is wrong or I need to adjust pots or I've putting something incorrectly in the chassis.

The main thing is the transformer works, the tube works and I've got picture

Comment

Glad you got a picture.
                                I would wait until you connect the JPAC and PC to adjust any monitor settings. That way it will be right for what you will be using.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X