Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atari Asteroids Deluxe |Resto

Collapse

Any topic relating to the restoration of Video or Electromechanical Arcade machines.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Asteroids PCB and then get the (Braze) Multigame kit
    So you can play
    Asteroids Delux, Asteroids, and Lunar Lander

Asteroids Multigame - Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Lunar Lander

John installed one for me, and works a treat

Comment

Originally posted by hamod View Post
      Buy Asteroids PCB and then get the (Braze) Multigame kit
      So you can play
      Asteroids Delux, Asteroids, and Lunar Lander

Asteroids Multigame - Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Lunar Lander

John installed one for me, and works a treat
      Thanks
      I have seen that some where on my internet travels
      Just need to save up and get a working board and start the internals
      Facebook - "Arcade Furniture"
      Crusin USA sitdown, Sega Outrun Upright, Neo Geo LAI , 60 in 1 Lowboy, World Rally Standup, Rally-X Repro, World Expo 88 Lowboy, Mirco Challenger 4 Player Pong, Taito Space Invaders empty cab, Asteroids Deluxe empty cab, 2 Player MAME project cab

Comment

Ok guys before I start I do want to get this cabinet back to original some day so dont banish me for MAMEing a classic cab!!
        But as you know original parts for this aren't available at Bunnings so i wanted to get it out of the corner collecting dust and see it get used
        So I put in a 19" LCD running AAE emulator which gives it a great 3D look hopefully similar to the original
        I also had some logitech speakers with sub which gives a really good deep bass sound especially when you blast the rocks
        Got the marquee light going to show off the original 40yr old marquee which looks awesome and a repro bezel from Noodleshirt
        To finish off I will light up the coin slots and also the LED cone start buttons which at the moment are wired to credit and start
        With regard to the LED cone buttons I do need help with what voltage these are and the best way to power them , I did read somewhere that they need to be around 2-3v ??
        Any info or advice on this would be appreciated

Facebook - "Arcade Furniture"
        Crusin USA sitdown, Sega Outrun Upright, Neo Geo LAI , 60 in 1 Lowboy, World Rally Standup, Rally-X Repro, World Expo 88 Lowboy, Mirco Challenger 4 Player Pong, Taito Space Invaders empty cab, Asteroids Deluxe empty cab, 2 Player MAME project cab

Comment

Wow great cab and nice work!
          My Asteroids I found gutted so I have AAE’d it too with a 19 inch PC CRT. Looks great.

I am about to do the same thing with the lighted cone buttons.
          There’s a few options for you but this is the easiest I have found. Find a Logitech K120 USB keyboard. Simply remove the controller board from inside. Remove the old keyboard LED’s and solder wires to your Atari cone buttons.The k120 board puts out the perfect voltage for the cone buttons without resistors etc
          I have not wired mine up yet so check voltage first but it should be all good. I found a video on YouTube named hacking a Logitech k120 or the like.
          Other options include little PCB’s that seem impossible to find like the iPac board for LED’s, modifying other USB keyboards and other long discontinued LED boards for use with MAME.

Comment

Originally posted by Ponty View Post
            Ok guys before I start I do want to get this cabinet back to original some day so dont banish me for MAMEing a classic cab!!
            But as you know original parts for this aren't available at Bunnings so i wanted to get it out of the corner collecting dust and see it get used
            So I put in a 19" LCD running AAE emulator which gives it a great 3D look hopefully similar to the original
            I also had some logitech speakers with sub which gives a really good deep bass sound especially when you blast the rocks
            Got the marquee light going to show off the original 40yr old marquee which looks awesome and a repro bezel from Noodleshirt
            To finish off I will light up the coin slots and also the LED cone start buttons which at the moment are wired to credit and start
            With regard to the LED cone buttons I do need help with what voltage these are and the best way to power them , I did read somewhere that they need to be around 2-3v ??
            Any info or advice on this would be appreciated

The buttons use a 5 volt LED mate. Just be careful they are easy to kill if you wire them up wrong.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
            Working...
            X